Chapter 14

Eugene

The day went on as usual after dad's reappearing act, although neither me, nor Susie had told Aaron or Marcus, or indeed mom about it. I would eventually, but Susanna gave the excellent point that we should sort what's going on with Aaron out first, then we could tell them.

The next day had started as it would any other day. Unlike the night before, I was awoken with chattering in the kitchen and the smell of bacon (which I have to admit, is usually cooked by me) just as we normally would. We'd had our breakfast, cooked by Aaron and had taught Marcus the basics of flying and a few spells from our spell books (although he hadn't picked it up anywhere near as quickly as Susanna had). We'd then had our lunch and continued with teaching Marcus, which was funny for us all to say the least. We raced in the air for a bit (I won most of them as I'm quite fast in the air) and had laughed so hard at Marcus falling into a thorn bush that our sides began to hurt, giving us a good excuse to stop and have dinner.

After our dinner, we decided to go on a walk being as well the weather was surprisingly nice for October, even for the Fae Realm. The sun had decided to warm the cold air, even though it was still quite chilly. Once we were all ready and wrapped up warm, all four of us headed outside and began our journey.

"Where are we going?" Susie asked, fluttering her deep purple wings every time she took a step. "No where, I just thought we could all go for a walk and talk and... stuff..."

"Talk and stuff?" She questioned, her eyebrows raised "About what?" I rolled my eyes and ignored her

"You're so nosey" I looked at Aaron who was walking next to me in his thick navy blue officer like coat and black scarf. "Have you seen Tanya recently?" I asked suspiciously

"No" He replied, "Not since we met at the café. You know, the day after the pub"

"Oh how could I forget" I replied with a hint of sarcasm

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It's supposed to mean, 'how could I forget you being an absolute dick no then not helping me when Susie got pinned down by three blokes" I almost growled "you just sat and watched"

"What?" He almost shouted, confused as to what I was saying, "That never happened!" All three of us nodded and looked away.

"It's that Tanya," I muttered, a little too loudly.

"Eugene" Susanna scowled at me

"Is there something going on that I don't know abo-" Aaron was interrupted by the calling of his name. We turned around in unison, to find Tanya, her deep pink wings pounding together as she flew down towards us, her platinum blonde hair tumbling behind her. She looked very smart in her pencil skirt, white shirt and blazer, despite the fact that it was still too cold to wear a skirt.

"Hi you four, didn't think you'd be out" She smiled a sickly smile, and for some reason, I had this feeling that she did know we'd be out.

"We came for a walk," I said curtly, awarding me another scowl from Susie.

"Oh cool," She shrugged, boring her raspberry eyes into my own, and I began to think that they were glowing. "I was just going home, how about you come and have a drink"

"Oh that's fine thanks, we were just getting back" Aaron said, surprising me. I gladly tore my eyes away from hers and stared at Aaron in shock.

"We were?" I asked and he nodded in reply. I glanced back at Tanya, who was now narrowing her eyes at Aaron. They seemed to glow slightly as she did "Are you sure" she purred. As if he were a light bulb, Aaron suddenly lit up, but his face turned expressionless. "You know, I think we have time" He said and began to walk away from us and towards Tanya. I frowned and followed them, even though my gut told me that she was dangerous. Everything about her was.