64.) Time Waits for No One

Cherie:

I squint my eyes open underneath the burning glare of the fluorescent lights above me.

Charge the paddles!
Clear!

An electric shock courses through my body, sending me floating in the air above. I look down at my limp shell still lying below on the operating room table. Spinning around at a speed that I cannot control, I take in the scene around me.

Blood.

There's so much blood.

Am I dead?

"No! My wife! Please!,"

Freddie?

Everything besides my own body and the bloody gloves hands of doctors, is a bright white void.

Freddie, where are you?

—————————————————————————

Jer:

My poor boy. He has been through so much trouble and suffering just in his short life. Even more pain has been thrown at him within this last year. Even with having been a mother all these years, nothing has prepared me for this, it's no easy feat to see ones child so broken and distraught.

I bend down to him, kneeling next to him on the cold  floor outside the hospital, and wrap him in my arms. I hold him tight when I feel that his entire body is trembling from his heart wrenching sobs. In my eyes, he will always be my sweet, adorable little boy.

He brings his hands away from his face and clutches his claws into the tops of my shoulders. I do not mind the tiger strength of his grip. He lays his head at the top of my chest and lets out a moan from deep within him. The sound cracks off little pieces of my heart by the seconds.

I do not wish this pain on anyone. Not Mary or Paul or even Cherie's ex, Jimmy. Even though, they are the cause for my love's agony. The torment is too unbearable for anyone to handle.

"You're not alone, my boy. Do you hear me? Mama's here,"

I know he hasn't the strength to answer. Not right now. His body shivers against mine. If I could give him my heart I would.

I know my husband feels every bit at a loss as I do, but he has the terrible habit of hiding his emotions behind a concrete mask. He is with Kash and the boys, down the way, trying to shoo off the paparazzi. How can anyone take photos at a time like this. The money is not worth the indecency. How ashamed their mothers would be.

"Get out of here! All of you!," Bomi's fierce growl erupts from within him as he lifts his arms up trying to shoo them away and now I know he's had enough.

The police have been called and now they are handling the paparazzi. Ordering them to stay away from the hospital.

Everyone makes their way towards us now. We're are still huddled together on the ground, my baby and me. I haven't the heart to tell him to rise up. I have not cried this way in many years, but my sons inconsolable state has worn me.

"Mama...get up..," My daughters hands are on my shoulders and I grab ahold trying to get up, but my dear Farrokh has clutches his arms around me even tighter, keeping me down with him.

"Freddie, let go. Come on," John's sweet voice tried to persuade him off the ground as I am assisted up. I will forever love those boys, like my own. They have always been at Farrokhs side through everything.