7.)Calm before the storm

Cherie's POV:

Dinner with Queen sure was a wonderful way to ease my mind. As the night went on and the drinks kept coming, I decided to cut myself off. I realized I was being shamelessly flirtatious with Freddie and I put myself in check...maybe not as quickly as I should have! Hehe.

Even though, to me, it didn't look like Freddie was bothered when I kissed his cheek. Instead, he had took my face in his hands and was so suave in doing so I couldn't help but swoon.

Just then, I seen Rose giving me a confused look. She waved her hand in front of my face.

"Earth to Cherie-", she said laughing. Everyone else laughed at that too as I sat there blushing. I guess I got lost in my thoughts.

"Sorry, Rose what did you say?," I asked, blinking my eyes.

"I said, we are all talking about going out to the club now, are you up for it?," she asked kind of slurring her words. Roger leaned over and put his arm around her.

"Come on Cherie, lets go have some fun," he said, but his eyes were fixed on Rose, smiling at her.

My blissful drunken thoughts were sharpened back to reality, when I suddenly remembered the absolute mess that awaited me at home.

With a sad sigh I looked around at everyone having laughs and conversations with each other. My eyes froze on Freddie who was staring intently at me, my guess is he was waiting for my answer.

"I'm sorry guys, but I have to go attend to my house. I wish I could join you...," I heavily sighed, resting my elbows on the table I put my face in my hands slowly, shaking my head.

I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder, rubbing circles trying to comfort me. I looked up from my hands, and seen Freddie giving me a little smile...

"Oh, Cherie. I completely forgot! I'll go with you to help..," Rose said quickly, but it came out of her mouth like a question. I knew she wanted to go out and have fun with Roger. She looked at me with a sad smile but nodded.

"No, Rose, really you helped enough getting me out of there earlier. You go. Have a great time- all of you.," I started getting up grabbing my jacket. I glanced at Freddie who now had his head down, forking around with the left over desert in front of him.

"Goodnight, Cherie..," Brian called over his shoulder.
"Hope to see you soon..," Roger said raising his glass to me. John mumbled a goodbye, too, but Freddie still had his eyes cast down on the table.

I waved goodbye and walked out of the restaurant, hearing the table erupt into more drunken laughter.

I went to the parking lot to look for my car, when I sobered up and realized Roger had been the one to drive us here.

"Just great..." I whispered under my breath. I started heading back to the restaurant to call a cab, but I felt someone tug at my wrist.

Scared half to death that it was Jimmy, I quickly turned and instinctively threw a punch!

"Shit!," I heard him groan, while holding his nose. "What the hell..."

My eyes widened. I gasped and clamped my hands over my mouth in horror. I can't believe I did that!

"Freddie!! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! I thought.. I thought you were..," I profusely spilt out an apology realizing I'd hurt the wrong man!

"It's alright, darling," he breathed out, pinching the bridge of his nose. "It's a good thing you pack quite a punch, what with that psycho man of yours you have to deal with.."