39.)A Merry Little Christmas

Christmas time is here! This is my favorite holiday season by far! I'm so excited it's Christmas Eve and one of my presents is on its way!

"Angel, slow down. You need not rush. Everything is in its place. ," Freddie grabbed onto me by the hips and directed me toward the sofa.

"Phoebe should be here any minute and Rose has never been to England. I want everything to be perfect! I want her to see I'm more than alright.," I fussed as he made me take a seat from my cleaning. Phoebe always kept a tidy house, but cleaning was a way to busy my anxiousness.

"Love birds! We're here!," Phoebe bellowed as he opened the front door.

"In here, phoebs," Freddie called back, not letting me up from our comfy spot on the couch.

"Cherie!! Oh my Gosh! Look at you!!," Rose practically bunked Freddie off his seat to come next to me and wrap me in a loving hug.

"Nice to see you too, Rose," Freddie mumbled as he got to his feet.

"Oh, sorry Freddie! Thank you for letting me stay in your home. I'm just so excited to see my best friend after so long!," Rose apologized.

The boys left the room and Rose caught me up on everything she's been doin since I've been away. She's been saving up to come have a visit since we had talked when I was in the hospital.

"I'm so happy you're here, Rose! Especially for Christmas!," Rose smiled at me and continued to stroke my belly.

"I can't believe how big you've gotten! I can't wait to hold these little babies in my arms.," her smile grew wider as she spoke.

I feel kind of badly that I haven't told anyone but Freddie about what might happen when I go into labor. Rose is my best friend but I think it's best just having it between me and Fred. I mean, I don't want to worry anyone Incase everything ends up well.

My stomach starts to grumble hungrily at the smells wafting in from the kitchen. Phoebe and Freddie are cooking a turkey and ham for Christmas dinner. I walked over to Freddie's record collection and picked out some holiday tunes to listen to while we wait.

"Wow, you two men have really outdone yourselves! It looks and smells Devine..," I complimented them on their hard work, while Rose and I set the table.

The doorbell rings and I let Rose finish up as I went to answer the door.

"Cherie! Happy Christmas!," Veronica walks in and hugs me immediately, followed by John, Robert and a sleeping baby Michael in his fathers arms.

"Come in, come in. Everyone is in the dining room.," I help them with their coats and they walk to the dinner room, after placing some presents under the Christmas tree.

I close the door to follow them, but don't get far before the bell chimes again.

"Brian, Roger, Merry Christmas! Come on in," I moved to the side to let them both in and see that Brian has brought someone along with him. Roger puts his gifts under the tree and walks to the dining room.

"Cherie..this is my girlfriend, Anita," I put my hand out to shake hers, but she pulled me into a friendly hug.

"Nice to meet you, Anita," I say as we pull apart.

"You as well, Cherie. Thank you for inviting me into your home.," I nodded with a smile. I'm glad Brian has found someone. She seems nice so far.

Before I can walk into the dining room Rose pulls me into the now empty kitchen.
"Rose really. Come on. You had to have figured Roger would show up for the holiday...," I huffed. I'm getting tired of being on my feet.