33.)Baby, You've Been Had

I'm kind of scared to be caught, hiding out here in the bushes- but he should've been here by now. I check my wrist watch and it's nearly 3 o'clock. I can't believe we decided to do this in broad daylight. Then again, it's less suspicious and less expected all around.

Jet lag is hitting me really bad right now and I'm struggling to stifle my yawns. I have to keep reminding myself that this is only fair. I'm only executing the karma that is taking far too long to happen on its own accord. Besides, I'm not a patient man.

I really thought my speech would've at least put a little hault on this damn situation, but apparently not. Ha! Just wait til I get my hands on her. She'll know what's coming next.

Just then, I hear footsteps approaching. I crouch down further into my hiding place, when the sound of shoes scoffing against the concrete becomes louder.

"Pssst...it's me..are you ready?," he whispered into a nearby bunch of bushes.

Slowly I creep my neck out to get a look at the man I've only spoken to on the phone. His voice is easy to recognize.

"I've been fucking waiting here forever! You're late!," I hiss at him in a whisper.

His face is slim and he looks to have an annoyed expression at my words. He sports the same hideous mustache that Mr. Buck Fuck does. I guess this idiot really is obsessed with him.

"Yeah, well, who cares. I'm here ain't I? Let's just hope my key still works..," he snickers a little under his breath and his mustache twitches into an evil smirk.

I feel the same exact look come across my face as I think about how close I am to getting what I always wanted. Or should I say WHO I've always wanted.

Cherie. My love. The only good thing in my life. Yes, I've treated her like complete shit, but that's besides the point. She has a little smart ass mouth on her and sometimes she needs to be reminded of her manners.

When Mr. Prenter first called my phone I was confused on the whole thing. Then he explained how he read my interview in the papers that had reached London and his plan intrigued me. It sounds like it will work. I mean, I trusted in it enough to fly out here. On his dime, of course.

Fuck, if anything- if Cherie refuses to take me back I'll just have to be extra convincing. Paul says he hasn't spoken to Freddie or Cherie or anyone associated with them for months, but he's been keeping a watchful eye on them behind the scenes like a little sneak. The guy swears he has some good dirt on Freddie, should my plan to take her away not work out. Truth is he kinda creeped me out, then again, it's nothing that I haven't done. I mean, it took a lot of work to stalk Cherie back to that burlesque club and have to put up with stringing old Alice along as a cover.

"What are you waiting for, you oaf. Let's hurry-," Paul quickly made his way across the garden, carefully disguising himself against the trees and shadows. I took a deep breath and followed his lead. No going back now.

We reached a door and much to our surprise it gave when he turned the doorknob. "Fools," he scoffed. We walked in to an empty garage and my first thought would've been that no one was home. But I was here when Cherie got dropped off by some woman in a car with crying children.

Turning to me Paul explained his plan one last time. "If she catches me in there- remember- I'm there to get my last pay check. Then you execute your romantic plan to win her back.," he rolled his eyes at me when he was done with his sarcastic tone at saying my romantic plan.

Hmm. Who the fuck does he think he is talking to me like this!? He's lucky I don't knock him on his ass. But our plan has to work out if I want any chance with the love of my life. I have to bring her back to California. I'll be different this time, as long as she behaves better. I swear, I'll do anything to be with her forever. Even if it's the end of us both. My last strength will be used to kiss her lips one last time.