16.)This Is Your Song

Cherie's POV:

I was sitting enjoying the dinner entertainment from all of Freddie's guests showing him love on his special day. I especially was enjoying that tingly feeling every time Freddie would hold my hand. The warmth he radiates is still enough to melt my heart.

Just minding my own business wasn't enough, though! Roger came out of nowhere and pulled me away with him. I have to admit I was shocked at the way he pulled me along and I hadn't the littlest clue what he was getting at.

"So listen, em, Paul told me about you showing up at Freddie hotel room earlier...I thought you were meant to be the surprise!!," he scolded me like a child. I guess he was upset that he didn't get the reaction he expected from Freddie. He continued "So then, I remembered! Rose had told me,you know back when we first went out to our lunch date, that you have a hidden talent of your own.."

I knew where this was going. Great. Remind me to kill Rose later!!

"Anyways, since no ones sang to the birthday boy yet, I figured you could..,"

"What- n-no Roger I can't.." I started to back away but he held me in place, pushing us closer to the stage.

"Come on, love..everyone here will love it!,"

I shook my head, " And how do YOU know if I'm any good..I'll just embarrass myself and Freddie in the process!," I explained.

"Na uh, I believe in you. The way Rose describes your voice and piano playing..come on you just HAVE TO!," he persuaded.

I looked back at our table and seen Freddie smiling at whoever was on stage, he looked over to us and gave me a wink. Ugh. Why was he so damn sexy?

I seen there was no way out of this. Roger wanted the big surprise I'd promised him for helping me come to this party. I took a deep breath "okay..let's get this over with then huh...," and with that Roger grabbed my arm again and dragged me on stage.

I felt myself starting to sweat and I was greatful that my dress was black and long sleeved. No visible sweat stains here!

Roger grabbed the microphone "Okay ladies and gents..," oh no he was going to announce me! "I'd like you all to give a warm welcome as one of our guests has a song for dear old Freddie boy!!," he exclaimed.

I felt everyone's eyes on me making me more nervous. Roger placed the microphone on the holder next to the piano and gestures for me to have a seat. I walked over and sat down, folding my dress underneath me. "Good luck, love," he whispered into my ear before walking off stage.

I didn't know how to begin and I had just spent the entire time Roger spoke, to think of which song to sing. I brought my lips up to the mic and suddenly I knew what to do. I would sing the song that played in my nightmares the last few weeks. The song I wrote for Freddie when my heart could no longer take the pain he'd caused me. I took a deep breath and looked up at the crowd until my eyes met his.

Freddie was staring at me with a big smile waiting to see what I was going to do. "Well, since Roger so kindly kidnapped me into doing this..," I paused as a few hearty chuckles rang through. Freddie's smile grew wider and I seen him lean up closer in his seat.

"....Are ya ready, Freddie?," I winked and heard him call back to me "whenever you are, darling!"

I pressed a few notes on the piano to get started as I scanned my surroundings. My gaze stopped at Paul who was snickering about something with another fellow at his table. I couldn't help but think he was laughing at me. I'd show him! I took another deep breath and closed my eyes as I started to play...