10.)Is This Just Fantasy?

Freddie's POV:

I stood alone pacing in the parking lot feeling like a complete idiot. I can't believe that just happened! Of all the time for intruding fans to barge in! I'm certain that I've ruined things with Cherie. She already had to deal with the lying scum from her last, there is no doubt that she will not put up with the same from me.

Not that I'm lying! I was telling her the truth! But she refused to believe me. I walked back towards the lounge, my thoughts racing in my head. I wasn't ready to face her cold glare, again. I just want to hold my angel in my arms and her give me a good luck kiss before I go on stage....

I walk in to the now completely quiet lounge to see Roger and Brian huddled together on the couch in the farthest corner. The other girls were gone, and Rose was no where in sight. Cherie and John we're together by the makeup mirror and she was powdering his face.

Just then, Rose came out from the bathroom and Roger nudged Brian who immediately got out of his seat to approach Rose first. He sat in the chair next to John and Rose got to work on his hair.

I went to take the empty seat by Roger.

"Fred, oh thank god, you have to keep that demon woman away from me!," he harshly whispered toward me.

I chuckled lightly, but stopped once I seen Cherie look up and give me the stank eye. Oops.

We were all pretty quiet. John went back to playing his bass, because he was done getting ready. I seen this as an opportunity to jump into Cherie's makeup chair.

As I sat down, she seen me in the mirror while she prepared the makeup. And she rolled her eyes! At me!

I can't believe it. I'm toast. I'm finished.

She started on my face, and didn't say a word. This was even more awkward than the first time she did my makeup. I just sat quietly in the chair waiting for the cues to close or open my eyes. She still had her sunglasses on so I couldn't even read her eyes to get some sense of what she was thinking. I tried to keep my mask up on my face so she couldn't read my eyes either.

"All done.," she said matter of factly and turned back to the mirror.

"Ow..ow..what the bloody hell!," I looked over at Roger who was not so subtly being attack with a hair straightener.

I hadn't moved from the chair yet. Checking my reflection in the mirror I turned my face from side to side. I could see Cherie looking at me- annoyed, in the mirror.

"D-Darling...," I stuttered. Still uneasy about her demeanor. "Would you mind putting more powder..I-I don't want to be this dark...," I said slowly. Usually my normal makeup artist knew this about me already. I felt kind of embarrassed saying it aloud. Especially since Cherie's glowing skin color was the same as mine and I loved it.

She turned with the powder in her hand and buffed a little more on my face without muttering a word.  No sigh, no eye roll, nothing.

When she was finished, I crept out of my chair and moved on to get my hair done.

——————————————————————-

Cherie's POV:

I was packing up mine and Roses stuff when we were all finished. Rose had asked me to bring her stuff back with me. She left as soon as she was done with Freddie's hair. She said she couldn't stand it any longer and she looked on the verge of a break down so, being that I owe her one- I told her I'd handle it.

The guys were jumping all around the room, taking drinks and pumping each other up. Freddie was doing vocal warm ups in the corner-I couldn't help but glance up at him.