22.)Mama, I'm Gonna Be Your Slave

Cherie:

I can't believe this is happening. He's here! It's really him. I wasn't even sure on stage whether I was hallucinating or not. The man I was staring at had short cut hair and a mustache but his eyes had drew me in, they're were so familiar. And now, here he stood in front of me while I tried to make a run for it to head back home.

We both stood in the doorway, staring at each other. Neither one of us knew what to do next.

"Omg look! Look it's Freddie Mercury!," one of the girls behind me was jumping up and down excitedly pointing at Freddie. I watched as his face quickly morphed into a fake mask with a smile.

Everyone crowded around us now and I let myself get pushed to the side. I looked on as the girls went crazy over him, pulling him every which way asking for pictures and autographs a few of them even flirting with him. He looked up and caught my eye and his expression changed to one I couldn't decipher. It looked like he was really worried or in some sort of pain. He looked at me like he was scared I'd run away.

Should I? Should take off running at the first chance once he was in the middle of the crowd of women throwing themselves at him?

"Thank you, thank you, ladies!," he boasted with a hearty laugh. "I've really better get going now............Cherie?," he called out to me and reached his hand out for me to join him.

I hesitated, perhaps for a bit to long, because he let his hand fall back to his side and the girls were now staring at me with bright eyes, waiting for my response. "Girl, you better get that man before I do," Alice, one of the girls I was closest with , whispered in my ear and nudged my body forward.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to embarrass him. Then again he surely deserves it! Not wanting to be the center of attention anymore, I walked towards the door to make my exit. He looked at me like a lost puppy, big eyes following my every step.
"You coming?," I called over my shoulder and he scooted behind me as we walked out of the place.

Once outside, he tried to grab me by my waist in a hug. I felt his arms wrap around me and that all too familiar warmth washed over my body. I didn't hug him back, though. I just let my arms hang in the air around him as he squeezed me so tightly. I had to keep a straight head about this. What the hell was he doing here? How did he know where to find me?

He pulled away when he noticed I wasn't going to hug him back. His face look so sad, his brows creased and his lips straightened into a tight line.
"Cherie..please..look I..," his pleading eyes begged me to hear him out. I couldn't do this to my heart again!

"No..Fred..not here..," I looked around to see there was still a decent amount of people hanging about. The last thing I needed was another tabloid magazine running pictures of us together.

I turned to walk in to the parking lot, reaching for my keys in my purse. I put the key in the locked door slot and climbed in the car turning it on. I heard a knock at the passenger window and seen Freddie giving me a timid little smile pointing his finger downward as if to tell me to lower the window. "C-can I come with you? Please..Cherie...I just want..I need to talk with you..please!," I felt a new sense of power over the man as I watched him beg for my attention.

I don't know how it is that he gets to play with my heart the way he does, but I was putty in his hands. If only he knew... but, I wouldn't show it. Not as long as I can help it!

"Get in.," I said, unlocking the door and rolling my eyes. "Thank you," he whispered as he reached around to throw his suitcase in the back seat.

I turned the knobs on the radio and put the volume all the way up. I wasn't about to breakdown at his words while driving. No- he's the one who showed up out of the blue throwing my life off balance again. He'd have to wait til I was ready.