The First Stepping Stone

Fifty year old ,Mrs. Sprikly, ran a patisserie along a small lane in Sweden . She was a cheerful and enthusiastic lady. She was  short with brown curly hairs. Her hobby was baking . Her pastries and cheesecakes were very popular, above that her smile, affection and the divine taste drew people towards her  patisserie.

It was a small shop with  a decent ambience

It was a small shop with  a decent ambience. There were few chairs and tables painted with white and a shade of pink. The little lantern shaped bulbs spread its lights and the soft melody of the music gave a peaceful environment. Mrs. Sprikly handled and managed the patisserie alone and she was happy with it.
She lived alone in a small house with two rooms nearby the patisserie.

It’s not that she didn’t have anyone in her life. Her husband, John Sprikly, passed away ten years back. She had one  son, Neil , who was  settled in his life and didn’t have time for her. She used to feel lonely and depressed at times .But there was no way out. It had been years since she met him and his family. Every Christmas she would wait for them but they would just give her a call and wish her and sometimes they forget to do even that.

It's so sad how parents sacrifice their time and energy to bring up children. But when those children grow up they can't repay them back. They are not even bothered to check once in a while about their parents.

Few years back, her new neighbor, Lena Mathew moved in with her husband and two kids. Her husband,Mr.Mathew, was a university professor. It was Christmas time, and Lena thought of inviting Mrs. Sprikly to her home. Mrs. Sprikly baked cakes and prepared few cheesecakes and took it along. Everybody in Lena's house loved the cheesecakes. Lena's husband ,Mathew , couldn't stop appreciating it. They were the one who  gave Mrs.Sprikly, the idea of setting up a patisserie. At first she had backed off but when loneliness started killing her she agreed. They helped Mrs. Sprikly to setup the patisserie. But sadly , when the patisserie was nearing to opening, Mathew got posted to United Kingdom and they had to leave and the patisserie was Mrs. Sprikly's only companion.
She had informed Neil about it ,but his only reply was - "What is the need of all this mom? You are not a masterchef so that people would flock to taste your cheesecakes.Its better to drop the idea. I send you monthly expenses isn't that enough?"
But Mrs sprikly didn't listen to his words and carried on. This led to a rift between the mother and son. 
She was always grateful to the one who gave her the idea to run it.

It wasn't easy for her. Two months passed by ,but still she wasn't earning enough. But after few months ,as people started liking the taste of the cheesecakes and pastries,they rushed to the patisserie. By the end of the day ,there wouldn't be a single piece left.

Since then Mrs.sprikly feels like she has started to breathe again and live her life. There was not a single day when she missed Neil and John. She wished if John was alive he would be so happy to see all this.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello readers,

Hope you all liked to read about Mrs. Sprikly. If you like please vote and comment.