Spirits

Word count~ 1611

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm still not completely clear on why you don't catch fire in the daylight." Sypha had question Alucard. The three of them are resting, with Trevor laying sideways facing the fire, and Sypha sitting next to Alucard. Currently Falael is scouting around the area, making sure that the mongrels we're nowhere near the campsite. "I am half-human. My mother's name was Lisa and she was a mortal." Alucard responded looking into the fire with a longing look. Falael stood on the branches of the tree that is next to the campsite, looking blankly at the duo. She made sure to not reveal herself, relying on the shadows that are currently overcasting her. "I would very much like to hear the story of how that happened." Sypha mussed looking at the half vampire. In response he chuckled; Falael eyes narrows a bit, a dangerous glint gleaming in her eyes. "She actually showed up at his front door. She found the castle and banged on the front door with the pommel of her knife." He smiled a bit "she sounds interesting." She responded. Falael glowered, not wanting to stick around she jumped off from the tree, landing on her feet and sprinted into the woods. She slid to a stop, taking a deep breath and exhaling. She sat on the snow covered ground, and let the cold surround her body. Snowflakes falling from the night sky, each of them being different, and slowly gliding towards the ground. Falael let out a sigh and looked down, seeing a lone flower peaking threw the snow. In one swoop she gently swipes the snow from the flower and stare at it with a blank look. A baby blue Columbine flower slowly moving along with the breeze, Snowflakes are spotted around the flower making it even more beautiful than it already is. With a single touch to the flower, it burst into flames. With a sigh she retreats her hand and watches the flame slowly burn out. Leaving nothing behind, but ashes from the use to be flower.

Falael stands up from her sitting position, and starts walking towards the camp. The smell of blood filled her senses, immediately alarming her - making her walking pace to a Sprint in an instant. She sprints to the campsite seeing blood splattered all over the ground making her panic a bit. She looks around and start following the trail of blood. Her body relaxed a bit, glad that the trio are okay. As in cue the trio turned around and looked at her; Sypha suddenly runs towards Falael, and tackles her. Hugging Falael with every fiber of her being, Falael tensed up from the foreign touch. She awkwardly pats her head and slowly push her off. She stands up and dust off the dirt that had gotten on her and cleared her throat. "I'm going to assume that I missed something?" She looked at Trevor and Alucard. The two looked at each other then look back at Falael - with a nervous chuckle they answered with a "yeah". "The demons suddenly attacked us. We thought you were dead when you didn't came back to camp, we where just about to go out to look for you, but thankfully your back and alright." Sypha explained. A wave of emotion suddenly filled Falael making her furrow her eyebrows. She place a hand on her chest, and gripped it. She didn't understand the emotion that she is feeling, it can't be love, for she does not see Sypha as a lover. Could it be guilt? Yes, it's most likely guilt from earlier. She felt hatred toward Sypha earlier, but here she is worrying about her well being.

With a grunt she looked at the three
"The sun is soon to rise, we only have a few hours until we reach my temple from here. It's best if we start heading out now, in case if anymore of those mongrels come back." Falael turns around and start walking towards the wagon, beginning to pack up for the ride.

~~~~~~

Falael looked around her. Every single memory from the past coming back to her. From climbing the big tree, to playing around the pond. "We're close" Falael mumble, slowly pulling the reins for the horses to stop. The others got off and looked around in confusion. "I don't see anything" Sypha said giving Falael a confused look. "That's because we are not there yet. We need to go on by foot." Falael said, walking threw a pathway that is almost covered by nature. The three looked at each other, but decided not to question. It took nearly five minutes until they arrived at the edge of a huge lake. "I think we took a wrong turn" Trevor said looking around, then turning to Falael with an eyebrow raised. Falael just shook her head in response, and went near the shoor line. She kneeled down and place her hand flat on the water, a glowing light slowly gleamed from the palm of her hand making the three look at her in shock. 'she knows how to use magic?!' where the trios thoughts. She slowly raised her hand along with herself and made a fist, as if she was holding onto something. With a swift movement she yanked her hand back, a chain manifesting in her hand. The water starts to brighten up with the same gleaming light that's shinning from Falael palms. And slowly but surely a boat floats to the surface, light dimming into nothing. Falael hummed in satisfaction, and climbed on the boat signaling for the trio to do the same.  The trio had their eyes widen in shock from the event that had happened. Sypha was the fist to be out of her trance, and sprinted towards Falael. Asking her multiple questions about how she knows magic and etc.

Sooner or later, everyone got on the boat. With Alucard sitting on the left, Trevor in the back, Sypha in the right, and Falael in the front. Then Sypha asked one question that has been on everyone's mind besides Falael. "How are we going to move this boat"  Falael hummed and tapped on the boat twice, making the boat to start moving by itself.

Everyone takes in the view, trees surrounding the lake, lily pads could be seen here and there, and the water is Crystal clear, but the trio gasped in shock on what they had seen in the lake. There lying on the very bottom of the lake was a skeleton, but not just any skeleton... A skeleton of a dragon. The trio looked up at Falael exasperated.

"My ancestors were, I guess you could say. Dragon tamers, they kept dragons for different reasons. Companion, ride, use for war, almost anything. Reasons why I have this tattoo on my chest, of course I was born with it, but this tattoo goes all the way back to the very first Alavara." Falael took a deep breath and slowly exhale. "They made a deal with an elder dragon, if the Alavara's help keep the dragon's safe from being hunted down then in return, they'll be a companion to my family, a friend, a helper. When they sealed the deal, a tattoo appear on their chest. Just like the one I have." Falael pointed where the tattoo was. "Of course since I have the tattoo, it means that there is still a dragon out there... Somewhere." Falael finishes looking forward. The trio looked forward as well and where bewildered. Weeping willow branches covering the sky making the are dimmer, bioluminescence on leaves that are attached to the drooping branches making the scenery breathtaking.

Then a red paper lantern slowly drifted next to the boat, creating ripples as it gently landed on the water. The red hue of the light casted a slight shadow across Falael face, she smiled in nostalgia. One after another the paper lanterns slowly drifted pass them, making the trio look around. The boat starts slowing down upon a set of stairs, but what shocked all four of them is that a person was standing on the very top of the steps. Seemingly to be wearing a kimono, and holding red paper lantern. Falael smiled sadly as the person's figure slowly faded, as if they weren't there to begin with. The only thing that made the four of them sure that it wasn't a mere illusion, was a red paper lantern on the very top of the stairs. The trio looked at Falael in shock wanting to know what the hell just happened.

"That, my dear companions was the spirit of one of my ancestors." Falael smiled sadly getting out of the boat as it made a stop in front of the stairs. The trio following after her, wanting to know more. Falael bends down to grab the lantern, holding it as if it was a porcelain doll. She smiled and look up at the trio, her eyes gleaming from the red hue of the lantern making her eye shine. "They thrive here, they're always here looking over us. Even my parents and sister." As on cue multiple spirits mystified  around the area, each one of them having a smile on their faces. A man appears beside her, and a woman on the other. And a small child running around them until stopping in front of Falael. Falael eyes glisten, trying her best to keep her tears in. She let go of the lantern, watching it drift into the water. As it touches the water, the spirits vanishes before the lantern could make a ripple on the water.

"They're my family"