We're Still So Young, Desperate For Attention

"Yeah, we'd like to hear you guys play something." Mike said smiling. You laughed nervously, obviously terrified to embarrass yourself in front of your idols. "Um yeah sure... Hey Jake, they want us to play something for them." You said calling out to your best friend who was having a conversation with Nicole. "Sure! Let's do it." He said sounding really confident. His reaction took you by surprise, but you shrugged it off. You and Jake both sat down on a black sofa in the middle of the room. Brendon handed you the acoustic guitar you had played before and Nicole handed Jacob her bass, Jacob's eyes lit up with excitement. "Sick!" Jacob said grinning at Nicole, she returned the smile. You briefly thanked Brendon, getting a wink from him before he went to lean against the wall, his attention going to you. You blushed slightly, placing the guitar on your leg and turning towards Jacob to agree on a song to play.

"Misery Business?" You whispered to Jacob. He smirked giving you a quick nod. you quickly glanced at the group, they were all staring at the both of you, waiting patiently for you to begin. "One, two, three, four." You whispered the cue letting Jake know when to start playing the beginning riff with the bass. You joined in with the guitar as the words came in.

*for the purpose of this story pretend you wrote this song. Obviously this song is by Paramore.*

(Play song above now)

"I'm in the business of misery, let's take it from the top
She's got a body like an hourglass that's ticking like a clock
It's a matter of time before we all run out
When I thought he was mine, she caught him by the mouth
I waited eight long months
She finally set him free
I told him I couldn't lie, he was the only one for me
Two weeks and we had caught on fire
She's got it out for me, but I wear the biggest smile
Whoa, well I never meant to brag
But I've gotten what I wanted now
Whoa, it was never my intention to brag
To steal it all away from you now
But God does it feel so good
'Cause I got him where I want him now
And if you could then you know you would
'Cause God it just feels so
It just feels so good
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change
Once a whore, you're nothing more, I'm sorry that'll never change
And about forgiveness, we're both supposed to have exchanged
I'm sorry honey, I passed out, now look this way
Well there's a million other girls who do it just like you
Looking as innocent as possible to get to who
They want and what they like, it's easy if you do it right
Well I refuse, I refuse, I refuse!
Whoa, well I never meant to brag
But I've gotten what I wanted now
Whoa, it was never my intention to brag
To steal it all away from you now
But God does it feel so good
'Cause I got him where I want him now
And if you could then you know you would
'Cause God it just feels so
It just feels so good
I watched his wildest dreams come true
Not one of them involving you
Just watch my wildest dreams come true
Not one of them involving
Whoa, well I never meant to brag
But I got him where I want him now
Whoa, well I never meant to brag
But I've gotten what I wanted now
Whoa, it was never my intention to brag
To steal it all away from you now
But God does it feel so good
'Cause I got him where I want him now
And if you could then you know you would
'Cause God it just feels so
It just feels so good."

Jacob ended the song with the last couple of notes, there was a brief moment of silence before the room filled with cheers and clapping. You and Jacob exchanged a smile, everyone circling you and Jake. "That was so dope!" Mike said clapping as he approached you both. Dan And Nicole just nodded their heads as they smiled. You turned to look at Brendon, he had a smug look on his face. "I told you." He said smirking at his band members. You giggled under your breath. "Yeah that was amazing." Nicole nodded. "And you wrote that?" Mike asked raising his eyebrows. "Yeah! I wrote the lyrics and Jake here helped me with the music." You smiled nudging at Jacob, he nodded. "Dang man, you guys are pretty good." Dan smiled crossing his arms in front of his chest.

Brendon, Mike and Dan held their chins in thought. You furrowed your eyebrows giving Jacob a skeptical look. "Have you guys ever played live?" Mike said still holding his chin. "Yeah, not in really big stages, just a couple local festivals, but we've played a couple times." You shrugged. Brendon nodded in thought. "Have you ever traveled for a show?" Brendon raised his eyebrow. "Never, but it's definitely in the bucket list!" You grinned. Mike and Brendon exchanged a look. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Brendon smirked at Mike. "You know it." He replied with a nod. "Band meeting, outside, now!" Brendon said pointing his index finger towards the ceiling. All four of them scurried out the room, Nicole closing the door behind everyone.

You and Jacob gave each other confused looks. "Ooookaayyyyy...." You said placing the guitar that was seating on your leg back on the wall. Jacob shrugged, placing Nicole's bass back in its case. "I can't believe we just played for Panic! At The Disco!" Jacob said gently closing the case lid. "I know right!" You squealed jumping up and down in place. "Hey we totally nailed that." He said walking up to you and doing your signature handshake. "Yeah!" You cheered. Suddenly the room door slid open, you and Jacob turned your attention to Brendon and his band mates coming in the room. All of them lining up in front of you and Jake. "So, we were going to originally have two opening acts performing before our show, Two Feet and one of our good friends Betty Who. But due to personal problems she isn't able to join us for the rest of tour. So we came to an agreement and, we'd like you guys to join us as our first opening act."