Nine In The Afternoon

"10, 9, 8!"
Never did you think people would be counting down for the moment you came out on stage. It just seemed like a fantasy, something that would never come to be.
"7, 6, 5!"
Why would anyone wait hours outside of a building just to see you? Why would someone come to love you so much that they would risk anything for you?
"4, 3!"
(Y/n) (l/n), a name that would soon be known all around the world.
"2, 1!"
————————————————————————————————————
"(Y/n), (y/n) wake up!)" your room mate Jacob shook you awake. "Jeez Jake, did you have to wake me up like that?" You said squinting your eyes at the bright light coming through the window. "Um yeah kinda, did you forget?" You sat up on the bed as you rubbed your eyes. "Um, maybe." Jacob rolled his eyes."We're supposed to be at the recording studio at 10:00! We're recording our first album!"
(Play song at the top now)
Your eyes suddenly burst open. "Oh god what time is it?" "It's nine in the morning, you better get your butt moving if you don't want us to be late!" Jake said making his way downstairs. "Oh god." You jumped out of bed and sprinted to the shower, quickly scrubbing your whole body and rinsing as fast as you could.

You and Jacob had been friends since freshman year. It was both of your dreams to become famous one day and perform in front of millions of people. So as soon as you graduated from  high school, the both of you moved in together into a small apartment in Manhattan New York. Jake was a bass player and you knew how to play guitar and liked to sing. You both loved music and were pretty good at your instruments, so you decided to start a band just the two of you. You began by uploading covers of songs on social media then eventually after having written your own music, you thought about making an album. You weren't famous yet, but were pretty well known around the area.

As soon as you finished showering, you hopped off the shower almost slipping on the damp floor. You walked to your closet and slid into an outfit that you thought would impress the people at the studio. It was your first album so you had to look good, right?

 It was your first album so you had to look good, right?

*looks something like this...^
Once you were finally finished getting ready, you looked at the clock on your night stand. 9:15 it read. Okay good. You dashed down the stairs and met Jacob at the kitchen table. He was leaning against the kitchen island eating his breakfast. Without taking his eyes off his plate he pointed to your plate of bacon and eggs sitting on the counter. "Thank you!" You grinned beginning to shove the food inside your mouth as fast as possible. Finishing off your breakfast, you gulped down a glass of orange juice and threw your dishes inside the sink as you walked towards your room to grab your guitar. Jake followed close behind, grabbing his bass and meeting you at the front door.

You looked at your watch, showing Jacob the time. 9:30. He looked at your wrist for a good three seconds before raising his hand to give you a high five. "We did it." You smiled returning the high five. "Now, to catch a taxi." He formed his lips into a line. "Don't worry Jay, we got this." You said running to the edge of the sidewalk. "Taxi!" You yelled at the taxi approaching you. "See?" You turned back to look at Jacob who was still standing at the front door. "Come On were going to be late!" You said getting inside the old car. Jacob rolled his eyes as he began walking towards the taxi, joining you inside and closing the door as the driver pulled off.

Jacob was your typical hipster dude. He had floof light brown hair, gray eyes, wore a fedora almost everyday and had a slight stubble. He was significantly taller than you and always treated you like his little sister, considering that you two knew each other for years. He was like the older brother you always wanted to have and you loved him.

The taxi diver turned to look at both you and Jacob with an annoyed look. "Um, traffic's getting kinda heavy. We might take about 15 minutes to get out of here." "What? Can't you get out of the line or something?" You said sitting up. "No can't do, I'm blocked." "Great." You said slouching back on your seat. "What do we do now?" Jake thought for a moment, he pulled out his phone and typed something into google.

"Oh! Google maps says we are 10 minutes away on foot." He said raising an eyebrow. "And what time is it?" You gave him a skeptical look. He looked back at his screen then turned back to you. "9:45" You gave Jacob a playful smirk. "We can make it."