"What was that about?" I asked as Mike shut his bedroom door behind us. He sighed and sat on his bed.

"Bad break up. She keeps trying to get Vic back." He said. I nodded and sat next to him. "Cara, well...I don't know." I looked down. I felt bad for Vic; it's hard to forget about an ex, especially when they don't leave you alone. "Hey, what time is it?" Mike asked after a moment. I looked around for my phone.

"Ugh, I left my phone on the counter downstairs. I'll be right back." I groaned.

"Don't bother Vic right now. He's probably not doing too well." I nodded an left the room. I walked about halfway down the stairs and stopped. I could see Vic wandering around the kitchen mumbling into the phone before he hung up and put the phone on the counter. I slowly got to the bottom of the stairs and tried to grab my phone without Vic hearing me.

"What are you doing?" Vic asked as I turned to retreat back upstairs. I spun around to face him with crossed arms and an annoyed look on his face.

"Oh, I uh...left my phone down here so I came to get it." I said quickly. It was true, but for some reason I felt like I was lying. A part of me wanted to talk to Vic. He shrugged and nodded, turning away and leaning on the counter. I could tell he was upset.

"Are you okay?" I asked. I don't know why I said it, I knew he would probably just shoo me away again. But instead he sighed and glanced over at me before looking away again. He didn't respond and I went over to him. I leaned on the counter opposite him until he gave me a confused look.

"What?" He asked. I shook my head and shrugged. "You should go back upstairs."

"Or we could put those two open drinks to use." I suggested. He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not giving my student alcohol." I moved over to the other side of the counter next to Vic.

"We're not in school though. Here, we're just...friends." I reasoned. I quickly reached behind me and took one of the bottles left on the counter and took a big gulp of it.

"Camer--!" Vic started, but he just sighed and gave up. I handed him the other one and he took it. I leaned my head on his shoulder. Vic tried to push me away, but I think he was just done for the night. I took another sip and so did Vic. "You know, I really should call your parents and tell them you're drinking." He said.

"I should call yours and tell them you gave it to me."

"But I didn't!"

"Yeah, but you didn't stop me either." He scoffed and nudged me. We were quiet for a minute and Vic looked even more upset. God, what did I say? I always do this to people. Should I mention this Cara chic? She sounded like a bitch, and I wasn't sure if it would help or hurt him right now. I guess I'll try it. "So...Mike told me about Cara..." I said softly. I felt Vic tense up.

"W-what did he tell you?" He asked. I shrugged and lifted my head to look up at him.

"Not much, just that it was a bad break up but she's still pretty stuck on you." I said. He sighed and took another sip of beer but never looked at me. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. He bit his lip nervously.

"Not really." He dropped his head and fiddled with the watch that was always on his wrist. I turned towards him.

"You should..." I said. He hesitated but glanced up at me for a moment.

"What do you want to know?" I thought for a moment.

"What happened to make you so upset about it?" I asked. He put the beer bottle on the counter behind him and wrapped an arm around his waist.

"She...got pregnant with another guy..." He mumbled. I almost gasped. That was horrible, I felt so bad for him.

"Oh, wow, I'm sorry. That's horrible." I said. He grunted in response and I continued. "Why does she want to get you back if she has another guy?" Vic shrugged.

"He died and she needs help with the baby." He scoffed. "She tried to convince me it was mine." Vic looked like he was lost in a dream as he thought about her. He was smiling and biting his lip, until soon, his grin faded and he was left with the same anguished expression. He shut his eyes and reopened them snapping his head up.

"You should go back upstairs." He told me, building up his student-teacher barrier again.

"Are you okay?"

"Go to bed." He ordered. I sighed, knowing I wouldn't get anything else out of him. I nodded and turned to go.

"Goodnight, see you tomorrow." I said as I left.

"Night." He said. I rushed back up the stairs to Mike's room and walked in. He glanced up from his phone screen and put it down.

"What did you do to him?" He asked, knowing I was with Vic. I was downstairs for far too long to deny that we hadn't talked. I shrugged and sat on the bed next to him.

"Nothing, just talked." I said. I sighed and flopped down on my back. He scowled and cocked his head.

"Then what's that big stupid grin on your face for? You look like a doofus." I turned mu=y head and slapped his knee.

"You're a doofus." I countered.

"Who even says doofus anymore?" He asked chuckling. I laughed and shrugged. "But really, what did he say? He didn't yell at you to leave?" I looked back up at him and shook my head. "Wow, I thought he'd last longer than that..." He muttered. I groaned.

"For your information, I'm perfectly capable of having a serious conversation with someone without flirting with them!"

"Alright..." He said, mocking me. I rolled my eyes and sat up.

"I just asked him about Cara...and like, what happened." I said. Mike frowned.

"Did he actually tell you?" I nodded.

"Yeah, but then he got all defensive again and didn't want to talk to me when I asked him if he was okay." Mike nodded, but didn't seem surprised.

"Sounds like him." I cocked my head and he continued. "Vic has trouble with...expressing himself I guess...Like he'll tell you what's going on, but he can only really tell you how he feel when he sings." This caught my attention.

"Wait, really? Sweet little Viccy is an introvert? And he sings!? Why didn't I know this?" Mike cringed.

"Please...don't call him that around me..." I laughed at how uncomfortable I made him and fell back on the bed. There was so much I didn't know about Vic, and for the first time ever, I actually wanted to get to know someone.

A/N: Hey guys! Comment and let me know what you think! I got new inspiration for this story so I'll try to update more. Love you!