"Ah ganon?"

I pressed the end button and gave the phone back to Knight. I have no idea why he was pressing his lips tightly but I can tell that he's having his own private joke inside his head.

"Magkapatid nga kayo!" asik ko sa kanya.

"What? Anong kasalanan ko, bakit ako ang sinisigawan mo?"

"Malamang, sayo natutong mang-insulto iyon!"

"Para kang bata," irap niya sa akin nang muling magring ang phone at siya na ang sumagot at mistulang sinadya niyang I-speaker mode ito ngayon.

"What?"

"I'm talking to that witch not you! Give her your phone!"

"Stop ordering me around, you showoff."

"Just give her!"

"She's listening! If you won't tone your voce down with me, I'll have you circumcised again!"

And now I heard a loud gasp from the other end.

Teka, tuli na yung batang iyon?

"Where do you fucking live?"

"Why do you ask anyway?"

"It's none of your business! I want the witch!"

Hindi ko mapigilang mapasinghap sa mga lumalabas sa bibig ng batang ito dahil para siyang demonyong nakulong sa katawan ng gwapong bata. Iniisip ko rin kung saan nagmana ang mga ito dahil kung titingnan ko si Ma'am Charlotte, ibang iba. Kunsabagay, hindi ko pa nakasasalamuha ang ama nila. Pero hindi ko naman sinasabing baka ma-at titude yung ama nila.

"I'll just text you the address. Now stop calling, I'm working."

And he ended the call.

"Don't give him the address."

"Why not? If I won't, he wouldn't stop blowing my phone off."

"Hindi ko na problema 'yan. Sumosobra na iyang kapatid mo."

"I'll take care of him. You should get to sleep."

I was taken aback with his reply but nonetheless, I think I did great to not show it. Hindi pa rin ako nasasanay sa pabigla-bigla niyang pagpapalit ng mood.

I fixed myself under my blanket until I realized that he was still sitting in my room. I turned on my face to see him and asked, "Bakit ka nandito?"

"My mom sent me out, remember?" he replied without looking away from his monitor.

"I mean, bakit ka nandito sa kwarto ko?"

I saw him glide his gaze smoothly over me for a few seconds before resuming his work. "I can't work outside. Your friends keep opening the door. Sometimes, they try to talk to me and sometimes they try to open this room's door."

"What does that have to do with me?"

"Hitting more birds in one stone, I guess? I can work quietly, I can avoid their questions, and I can annoy the hell out of them by making them think I was doing something private here with you."

Natahimik ako sa sinabi niya.

He sounded as if it was a natural thing to say.

"What? No retorts, kitten? Cat got your tongue?" he slightly chuckled.

"You can't fool them!" I pushed my lips forward into a pout to try to obtain an offensive face that will annoy him, hopefully before I turned back to my bed and covered myself with the blanket. "Alam nilang hindi ako ganoong klase ng babae."

And I closed my eyes. I started to feel familiar with the rhythm of his fingers typing fast as if they were flying across the keyboard so I was quick to note the sudden stop he made. And it lasted for more seconds. I wonder if he stopped working and was now going out to sleep.

But then he had other plans after all.

"Really though?" he whispered right over me. I felt his presence while I was lying down and I know that he was leaning down as close to me as possible for that whisper. I was about to jump out of my bed when I felt his weight being pressed on top of me, his arms snaking around my waist.

"Patahimikin mo nga ako!"

I gave all my might to jump off but I stayed tucked against the duvet while being wrapped like a burrito.

"When I said, 'private things', what was on your mind?"

"Makulit ka ano? Patulugin mo na ako!"

"Okay," he said and then I felt him push me aside, against the wall and then he rolled over to what seemed like trying to lay down beside me. And he decides that it's not enough so I knew so he swung his leg over my body and gripped his arm tight against me. "You want some lullaby? Or a bedtime story?"

"Makulit ka ano?"

"It's only once in a while that I'd let you boss me around but now you're acting like a bitch. I feel wounded."

"Mainit, bitiw na!"

He then managed unfold the blanket that binds my upper half and went back to clinging on me. I rolled my eyes in defeat as I felt my weariness eat me away. I'd fall asleep soon.

"Ganito na lang. I'll let you ask me three questions and you let me ask you only one," saad nito na siyang ipinagtaka ko. Why is he bargaining now?

"Come on now, I'm sure you have lots of questions for me. I promise, I'll answer honestly."

"Bakit ba ang kulit mo ha?"

"Oh, easy one. I'm not. I just miss my sister. Sorry. Please let me stay like this for a while if you wouldn't mind."

"Hoy hindi iyon ang tanong ko!"

"But I answered honestly, that's not fair. You should count that as question one. Now stop overthinking that I'm doing this because I'm into you, idiot. Next."

I realized that I have no say in this. He gets what he wants. Alam ko rin namang aantukin na ako anytime so I let him have his time.

"Fine. When you said you're working, what do you mean?"

I watched him put his arm behind his head as a pillow as he stared at the ceiling.

"I'm into exchanging stocks. I want to have money aside from my mom and dad's checks. There might come a time, worse than this one that I might have to fend for myself."

"Pero 'di ba tagapagmana ka?"

"On paper, yes. But it would be on the Board's final decision whoever among me, CJ and CQ is the deserving brother to run the company. It's not that easy. I'm just temporarily proclaimed because I'm the eldest son."

"Bakit hindi kasali sa choices si Miss Cece?"

"Hey, you've had three questions already. It's my turn."

Napanguso na lang ako nang marealize na tama siya. However, I won't deny the fact that I was interested with his business life. Lalo na at gusto ko ring magtayo ng sarili kong kompanya sa hinaharap, kung papalarin.

"Now, now you have to answer me honestly to be fair. I only have one question for you."

Hindi ko alam kung bakit parang may dalang kamandag ang sinabi niyang iyon pero kinabahan ako. Maaaring sa itatanong niya o maaaring dahil nagsimula siyang umusod papalapit lalo sa akin hanggang sa magtama ang aming paningin.

"Renaissance Apostol, your name has been reported dead on a hospital after being born, eighteen years ago but in PSA, you were not issued a death certificate. You're supposed to be dead, right?"