C H A P T E R 1 7

Start from the beginning

He just shrugged, "i don't know" he sighed looking down as he said.

"we can call social work, once we arrive at the hospital" I suggested in mid tone so the kid won't here, he seems to be about 11 or 12. Somewhere around there.

The rest of the car ride was quite, nothing exciting, the little girl who we now know her name is ella, a 6 year old african woman, a cute girl in fact, we had sedated her so she wouldn't feel the pain.

It wasn't too far until we arrived, we quickly pulled the gurney out and a group of doctors rushed towards it, I read the charts to them, and one of them was Dr. Asad... whom I have nothing with but thought i'd mention.

"Okay perfect, Aiylah please get the OR ready" and with that he started to assign everyone tasks. Before I were too leave, I looked around to see estaban, the kids name, just standing there feeling lonely and lost.

"Dr. Asad, I am going to be taking him with me, and I will also be calling social work to see what really happen, as he won't mention anything not even his parents name" I told him, he nodded his head and I approached the kid kneeling down on my knees, I smiled.

"Hey, it's going to be okay, you're going to stay with me. I'm going to get you cooled down alright" I said to him. He gave a small smile and nothing more, but followed me as I took him to the kids room.

His eyes lit up seeing the kids room, as if he was in oen of the magical dream lands.

to be honest, it wasn't even that pretty.

I swiftly went to book the OR, and instructed the OR nurses on who was the patient, I also called social work up, coming back to the play room I leaned against the wall just gazing that little boy trying to figure out what must have really happened, and waiting for the social work to come.

That's when something caught my eyes, which caused me to widen my eyes.

His back!

As the kid lent down to grab some toys, his back shirt went up a bit thats when i saw a couple of healing lines of cuts. Cuts?! On his backs?! That could not have arisen from a fall for sure, it definitely happened deliberately.

I was wondering if I should go speak to him.

But then I would've just scared him off.

So, I just decided until social work came so I can tell the situation. It wasn't too long until two women came from the social works team. "Hi Dr. Aiylah?" They approached.

"Yes, it is I. So I have a young boy here, his name is estaban, his sister split her knee open, and he doesn't seem to be wanting to tell us what really happened, through the bruises, I can definitely tell this wasn't some sort of a fall... had to be something else, also as I was just waiting for you guys, I saw his back a little as his shirt went up, there a multiple lines that are healed, definitely not surgical lines, nor a fallen bruised, they're almost like as if they're slashes. I'm afraid he is hiding something personal, not sure what we can conclude that from but you do get what I am thinking, right?"

The girls nodded their head, and started to discuss some things.

I watched as they approached Estaben very nice and sincere, they were polite and were cheering him up before anything.

"Dr, would you come with us" A nurse called me from behind.

"Yeah, sure." before I left with her, I quickly went up to the three and excused myself.

"will you be back" Estaben sounded a little worried.

"Of course" I reassured him. And with that I went towards the nurse who was leading me in the direction of the ER.

"I think we found the parents of the kids" she said.

I don't know why I wasn't excited, "oh" escaped from my lips. As I approached the room, two well off parents stood their, looking around the hospital. They both looked fine, but some worries showed, and they were well suited, as if they just came from a meeting, or an interview.

"Eve, and Nick this is Dr. Aiylah, she found your kids"

They both gazed at me, up and down, and my head. "well" The woman sighed, "where are my kids?" stating the obvious.

She didn't look worried at all, it was the father that showed more emotions then her, which made her look a little bit concerned. "please give me a moment" I gave them a small smile, and pulled the nurse aside.

"is everything alright?" she asked.

"take them to the waiting room, I feel something fishy, I am going to let the social work take care of this okay" I whispered. She nodded and led them away.

I made my way back to the toy room, where I saw the two women discussing, once they saw me they both approached, "we need to speak to his parents" one of them said.

"it's unfortunate" the other sighed.

"well alright, is everything okay though?" I questioned.

"we believe that his parents are hiding something, but once we approach them we will figure it out"

"hmm, alright! well they're in the waiting room, downstairs.. you should go" I said. With that they left and headed on their way out too the room.

The day went by like any other day, there was nothing new, nothing interesting. The same old same, meeting a couple of patients, speaking to them.. and that was about it.

I hardly saw my friends today too, all of us were occupied within our own team.

---

"excuse me!" A voice called out from behind, harsh and clear, I turned around to see the women I saw earlier, it was the kids mom. She was really mad, her eyes beaming at me.

Her face was bolting with steam.

"yes?" I asked casually..

"you idiot!" she screamed, "you little person wanted to see them steal AWAY MY KIDS FROM ME!" She yelled.

I backed up instantly, and in a second there was a whole crowed around with nurses and doctors, interns, students, everyone!

"what the - what are you saying?!" I shot back. "are you out of your mind?!"

"ME, SAYS THE GIRL TALKING - HOW DARE YOU TAKE THEM AWAY FROM ME, YOU HAD NO RIGHT, YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO BRING -

"she was injured.. i don't get your problem.." I rolled my eyes.

"I DON'T CARE JUST BECAUSE YOU SAW -

"I saw marks on the back of your son, as if he got hit, but I didn't assume anything, it was the social workers" I said.

"SHUTUP - MY HUSBAND WOULDN'T EVER HIT, HOW DARE YOU, YOU DISGUSTING, IDIOTIC, STUPID ASS MUSLIM I WILL -

"ENOUGH!" A deep, loud voice literally shook the whole floor. "I SAID ENOUGH" he shouted it again.

I was heavily breathing at this point, annoyed, and upset and also scared of this woman. The voice was familiar but couldn't quite pinpoint who it was.

The woman wiped her tears, and looked down ashamed. Before i could turn to see who this may be. The large male figure comes infront of me, i back up only to be facing a his back.

My dumb brain at the time couldn't register who she was.

"How dare you say that about my wife!" He yelled.

Gasps evoke around the crowed.

the loudest gasp was mine.

"your wife!?"

"YES, Dr. Aiylah is my wife!" He said firmly, "and if you dare say anything about her, I will have to escort you out with security do you understand!"

wife?

wife?

but i am not married?

who the hell is this Man?!

A/N: So, the chapter is getting interesting as it is eh? who could this be...