The school ends. While I return home I greet Hwasa, and after a while, I hear footsteps running towards me.
I do not have time to turn around that the person has already reached me. Fingers cling to my shoulders and stop me.

《Noona!》

《Jungkook ...》

《Can we talk?》 He stands next to me, walking together.

I nod, muttering a consensus sound.

He looked down, torturing his hands 《how are you?》he murmurs in a low voice, giving me a fleeting glance.

《I'm fine. You rather ... are no longer angry with me?》I turned my head towards him to see his reaction.

After what had happened with Jimin I didn't think he would ever talk to me again.

《It's impossible to be angry with you, noona.》 He says, smiling.

I reciprocate the smile, unconvinced.

《Do you feel like going to your place to talk?》

《Ok ...》

We are moving to my house. I whipped my skirt frantically between my fingers.
From time to time I cast a few glances at Jungkook.

《Today Taehyung was weird.》 Jungkook starts talking.

《Mh ...》 I can only make that sound, yeah. I think I know why he was strange ...

《He looked kinda sad ...》 he looks at me.

《He told you why?》I ask him as I take the house key to open the door.

《No ...》 he replies disconsolately.

We go inside the house, and I put all the things on the couch, the same thing is done by Jungkook. Taehyung had not yet returned. I turn to Jungkook, his eyes fixed on me as he bit his lower lip.

《Noona.》 his voice changed its tone, it was lower and hoarse.

《Yes?》I raised an eyebrow, curious to know what he wanted to tell me.

《I have always observed you. From afar. Because I didn't think someone like you could ever look at me. But then at that first party ... I had the courage to talk to you. And we talked a lot. Remember?》

I nod, thinking back to that night where it all began.

《You smiled. And at that moment I thought: the most damn beautiful smile of all is yours.》

He chuckles with playful eyes as he thinks about that scene.

《You were beautiful that night. Well, you always are.》

He approaches me, without taking his eyes off mine.

《I have done questionable things, to have more chances to have you.》

《What do you mean, Jungkook?》

He takes my hands in his 《I am in love with you, noona.》 his tone, his expression, was the sweetest I had ever heard and seen in my life.

My eyes soften, hearing his words, the corners of my mouth curl slightly, in a faint smile.

He starts caressing my arm 《... don't you reply?》

《It's better this way, Jungkook.》

《What?》

《If I say nothing. I don't want to hurt you. You don't deserve it ...》 I take his face in my hand.
I caressing his cheek with my thumb, exactly where he has the small scar.