Chapter 12

Chanhee

There is still a week before our foundation day but everyone else was already panicking.

They have been practicing nonstop, especially Changmin since he's the president of the Dance Club. He's really a hardworking person and I know that their performance will be perfect.

Speaking of performance, I have been practicing secretly too. I will only practice when they leave the club room. Kevin's worried about me actually. He told me that I should start building my self-esteem again because if I don't, it might affect my performance negatively.

He's not wrong though.

For me, self-esteem is the key to everything. How can you showcase your full potential if you don't have confidence, right? Your performance doesn't need to be perfect but with the right amount of confidence, it will turn out good.

Good thing that Changmin chose to stay by my side and helped me. He told me that we can go to different malls and sing there, in front of strangers. I hesitated at first but I realized that it can help me, so I still agreed.

Plus that's additional moments with him.

“So Chanhee, are you ready?” Kevin asked as he patted my shoulder.

I let out a deep breath, “Sort of. Changmin will be there, so I know I'll be fine.”

There was an odd silence for about five seconds, and the next that you'll hear is Kevin's scream.

“THAT WAS SO CHEESY, BUT I LOVE IT!” He screamed. I covered my ears, “Tone it down, please.”

“I'm sorry! I'm just really, really excited! What's the thing with you and Changmin? Come on sis, spill the tea!” He said.

Spill the what? Why does he want me to spill a tea?

He rolled his eyes, “Just give me some updates!”

I sighed, “I love him...I guess?”

“OH MY GOD! MY CHANHEE IS NOW BACK!” He screamed and even wiped his nonexistent tears.

“I told you not to scream!” I slapped his legs, “But yes, I'm in love with his face, his long neck, his bright smile, his precious eyes! He's so perfect!”

There isn't a person that is comparable to him. He's the best of the best!

“Who? Who do you love?”

Both I and Kevin's eyes widen when we heard someone spoke. Oh no.

I quickly avoided his eyes and shook my head, “N-no one!”

He chuckled, “Okay then, do you want to practice now?”

Do I want to practice? With him?

“Of course!”

Right.

---

“That's enough for today!” Changmin let out an exhausted sigh as he sat on the ground.

They have been practicing for almost four hours already, and it seems like they actually want to practice more but their bodies gave up. I watched how students, including my ex, took their bags and went out of the room immediately. It looks like they weren't tired after almost killing themselves because of too much practicing.

I went to Changmin, and as usual, he grinned at me. I sighed, as much as I wanted to get mad at him because of overworking himself, I couldn't. He is a dancer, a hardworking one. Who am I to stop him from doing that? I guess the only thing that I can do is help me relieve stress.

I wiped his sweat away, “You should rest first. Just sit down for a bit, okay?”

He hummed in response and nodded. I asked him to turn his back to me so that I could wipe his sweat, and that's what he did.

How can someone smell so nice despite being sweaty?

“You can smell me all day long, but not here New.” Changmin teased.

I playfully pushed him, “I wasn't!”

“Right.” He chuckled. I didn't respond to him instead, I took his extra shirt and asked him to take off his shirt.

Everything happened in slow-motion. I hear nothing but my heartbeat. My hands are shaking as I slowly put his shirt on him.

“Thank you.” He said, grinning.

I just smiled at him and ruffled his hair. We both stood up and fixed our things before walking out of the club room hand in hand. It's been a while since I last experienced walking while holding someone else's hand so I'm quite nervous.

Students looked at us with their eyes opened as wide as the ocean. I tried to avoid their gazes because I feel awkward, but when I looked at Changmin, he's smiling from ear to ear. It's like he's so proud that he was holding my hand.

I wish we can stay like this forever.

We went to the nearest mall, just like what we have been doing. We played games, sang a lot of songs, and ate different food. We were having so much fun as if we have no performance tomorrow.

We were like kids who are just playing around, not minding other people watching us. We were like kids who just want to run around and enjoy life, not thinking too much about what might happen tomorrow. Thanks to Changmin, I have learned an important lesson in life.

How will I live tomorrow when I am already afraid right now?

That made an impact on my life. He's right. Life is too short to think about what society thinks about me. It's too short to deal with other people's opinion about me unless it will help me. I should start living in the way that I want to.

With Changmin.

When the Sun starts setting, that's the cue that we have been playing too much and it's now time to part ways. Of course, him being the best protective boy in this world, he walked me home.

“Don't think about tomorrow too much, okay?” He said.

I hummed in response and gave him a small smile. He ruffled my hair, “I will be there with you. I will protect you, forever. Do you want to know why?”

I nodded, “Of course...why?”

He slowly pulled me closer and kissed my forehead, “Because I love you.”

---

Hello! I'm almost done writing this, so yeah. Please look forward to the ending!

If you have Twitter account, let's be mutuals and interact!

🐦: @newiskyuu