Chapter 10

Chanhee

“I can't sing it properly!” I let out a frustrated sigh again.

We've been practicing for hours and I still can't sing it properly. I'm more frustrated than ever because the foundation day is fast approaching. Changmin was able to memorize his lines quickly, that surprised me actually. I can't believe he can also sing.

He's such a talented boy.

Changmin gave me bottled water, “Let's take a short break first.”

I just nodded and laid down. I am so tired. I am not even dancing but my body is already giving up. My throat hurts again, and maybe because I've been singing nonstop.

I closed my eyes, trying to meditate and find inner peace because I am starting to panic, then I felt a brushing through my hair.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Changmin staring at me with a cute smile. His dimples are showing and he continues to brush my hair until he saw me staring at him. He quickly removed his hand away from me.

“No, it's okay...” I told him softly.

His cheeks turned red after that, and if there's one thing I will say about him, that is he's very cute especially right now! His smile faded away as he leans closer to me.

His face is inches away from me, and I can feel his warm breath already. His hands made its way to my cheeks.

Shall I stop him or not?

I didn't. I didn't stop him. I slowly nodded and the next thing I knew, his lips are placed on mine already. I wrapped my arms around his neck as we continue to kiss in sync.

“OH MY GOD!” Kevin shouted.

We quickly let go of each other. I turned my back at Kevin, feeling embarrassed because of what happened. I can feel my cheeks turning red so I used my hands to cover my face.

“W-what just happened?” He asked. I slowly looked at Changmin, who's also looking at me. We both didn't know what to tell him because we probably can't just say, "oh we felt like kissing and so we did."

We stared at each other for a minute or two, before Changmin sighed.

“I k-kissed him...” He said, scratching his napa. He's probably as embarrassed as me.

“WHAT?!” Kevin gasped, “You can't just kiss someone because you want to! That's harassment!”

“No! It's okay...” I butted in. I sighed and slowly turned to him. “I gave him my permission...”

Kevin looked at me in disbelief. He furrowed his eyebrows, “You mean to say that you both wanted to kiss each other because of what? Because you are very, very close to each other?”

I looked down. I don't know. I don't know why I let him kiss me. I don't know why I liked how he kissed me. I am so lost in my thoughts, and I don't know if I see Changmin as my best friend or more than that.

“Chanhee, may I speak with you? Alone?” Kevin asked. I nodded and looked at Changmin. I told him to leave us first and it won't take much time.

Kevin approached me and sat beside me. I heard him took a deep breath before speaking, “I don't know if you already know it or you have an idea already but I just want you to know that Changmin is also my best friend, and I don't want him to get hurt. If you are not yet sure about your feelings for him, please don't give him false hope. Okay?”

“I don't know...whenever I'm with him I feel safe. I love how he takes care of me. How his touch gives me warmth and such.” I sighed, “But I'm scared...W-what if...he doesn't feel the same?”

Kevin shook his head, “You're really a fool, aren't you? But again, I am not in the right place to tell you everything. For now, just go to the Arts Club with Changmin and get your costumes.”

I nodded and hugged him before I left the room. I saw Changmin outside and I quickly went to him.

“I'm sorry about what happened earlier.” He said.

I smiled at him, “It's fine. Let's just go to the Arts Club.”

We walked hand by hand, and I'm just kidding. I can't even look at him straight. What if he thinks I'm an easy to get person? What if he starts thinking differently and what if he will avoid me now?

I bit my lower lip. That was the worst decision I ever made.

In a few minutes, we have reached the Arts Club and the first one that we saw are our costumes, hanging on the wall. My eyes are full of sparkles, and when I turned to Changmin, his eyes are wide open too.

The costumes were simple yet elegant. It's like what the princes wear in some Disney movies. We also saw the props that they have made, and it is as beautiful as the real ones.

“This makes me more excited!” Changmin screamed.

His reaction is cute, just like him. It's very him, I guess? He took his costume and went to the dressing room to try it. Well, I can say that he really is excited by just watching him.

It took him a minute or two before he was able to wear his costume, and the moment he stepped out of the dressing room, there's only one thing that came out from my mouth.

“Gorgeous...”