Chapter 4

Chanhee

You're a useless person, New! USELESS!”

“You're nothing Chanhee. NOTHING SPECIAL!”

“You think you're worth it? HAHAHA DELUSION!”

“STOP!” I shouted as I got up from bed. Panting, from the nightmare that I just had.

Sangyeon, my older brother, who's supposedly in the kitchen, rushed inside my room to check on me. Worries and concern are evident in his eyes.

“What happened, New?” He asked as he caressed my back.

I shook my head, tears are streaming down from my eyes. “N-nothing...just b-bad dre--” I wasn't able to continue what I am supposed to say because Sangyeon already pulled me into a hug.

I let all the tears and emotion break out from my heart. My head slowly placed on my older brother's shoulder as I sobbed harder. He kept whispering things that I wasn't able to comprehend because there's only one thing that is currently in my mind;

I am tired, dead, and I want this to stop.

It took me a couple of minutes or more before I was able to calm down, and that's when Sangyeon let go of the hug. He wiped my tears with his hands and showed me the brightest smile that I haven't seen for a while.

“Remember that whatever you are going through right now, you can always tell your older brother. Okay?” He said. I just nodded and tried to show him the biggest smile that I can give.

“You still have time to sleep. I'll wake you up later, okay? Good night.” He said and kissed my forehead. I watched him leave my room first before going back to sleep, and hopefully, it will be a peaceful sleep.

---

To: New

I really love your soft cheeks. I want to pinch it so bad!

From: Founder of Milk Couple

I took the fourth rose that was left below my locker. I sighed, today is Friday, and I have been receiving this since Tuesday. If they want to prank me, can't they just do it now? I'm tired of waiting already.

“Oh New! Another rose huh?” Changmin said. I looked at him and gave him a smile.

“Still don't know who sent it?” He asked. I sighed, and that made him sigh too.

For the past 3 days, I've been trying to find out who sent me these roses. I even asked Changmin if he could guard the locker room and catch the person behind this prank, but he said he also can't find out the person behind this.

“We'll find him soon.” He said.

And I hope so.

For the next few hours, we don't have academics class, but we do have club hours. We are asked to stay in our respective clubs and practice for this year's foundation that will be held in less than 2 months.

Usually, I will just stay in the Library and read, but today will be different as I have came back to my old club.

I knocked first before slowly opening the door. They all turned their gaze at me. Others have eyes as wide as the ocean, while others just don't care because maybe they don't know me—which is actually a good thing.

“And joining us today, the former club Secretary, Choi Chanhee!” Jacob announced.

“G-good morning everyone...I am C-chanhee, but you can c-call me New...” I said. They gave me a round of applause, and that's a signal that I can now go inside.

I chose to sat down beside Kevin, who is smiling from ear to ear. He held my hand, “You'll be fine, I promise.”

I took a deep breath. I hope so. I wish that this decision of mine will not affect me negatively.

“So before we begin, we would like to announce the most important thing first,” Jacob said as he got the papers on the desk, “We will not be performing alone, because for this year's first event, we would be sharing the stage with the dance club. Lead by the one and only Q, or you may know him as Changmin, he'll be teaching us the choreography and we'll be teaching them the singing parts. Am I understood?”

My eyes widen when I heard what Jacob announced. Did he just say dance club? I didn't respond to what he said, unlike the others who said yes. I can feel my breath becoming unstable. It feels like I have been running for hours already.

I took my hand away from Kevin, “I-i'll go t-to the r-restroom...” I said and quickly went out, but that was, by far, the worst decision I have ever made.

As soon as I closed the door, someone pulled me by my wrist. He forcefully cupped my cheeks with his one hand and hardly pushed me to the wall.

I groaned in pain. Tears are starting to form in my eyes, and I can feel that anytime, it will stream down.

“You have the audacity now to join the club again after that disappointing performance of yours huh?” Juyeon smirked.

I didn't answer him. I just let all the tears out. I was crying silently, in front of my ex-boyfriend. He let go of me after a brief moment, laughing as he walked towards his club room.

Once again, I was alone. With tears streaming down from my eyes, my back still touching the wall behind me. I fell on my knees, after trying to hold all the pain in. My vision slowly becoming blurred, as my whole body fell on the ground.

“CHANHEE!”

That's the last thing I heard, and then darkness invaded me.