002

2010

It had been a week but Jungkook still, was being followed. Dahyun tagged along with him from going to school to going home. It was Monday and as usual, Jungkook walked towards his apartment and Dahyun was walking behind him.

"Tomorrow, it will rain," Dahyun stated out of the blue, breaking the silence that resonated between the two of them.

Jungkook looked up and saw that the sky was very clear. There were no signs of clouds as if it was a vast space painted with blue.

Is she crazy? Jungkook thought.

"Be sure to have an umbrella, hmmmm?" Dahyun told him.

Dahyun's words fell on deaf ears for Jungkook did not give any reply. Jungkook was already too familiar with this type of unilateral conversation between them.

It did not take long before the two of them reached their floor.

"Goodbye," Dahyun mumbled before Jungkook went in his unit.

She was greeted by silence followed by the locking of the door but Dahyun still smiled to herself before going inside her room too.

----------

Jungkook was looking at the school's window as droplets of rain fell which quickly turned into a strong shower. He quickly withdrew his gaze at Dahyun when the latter found him staring at the window. At the corner of his eyes, he saw Dahyun smiled.

School was already over but Jungkook was at the shed, waiting for a miracle that would stop the hard downpour of the rain.

How would I go home? Jungkook asked himself.

Suddenly, he felt someone stand beside him and he need not to turn in order to see that it was Dahyun. Without a word, she opened an umbrella and handed it to Jungkook, but the latter pretended not to notice her.

The girl pouted as she asked, "Won't you go home?"

"I will just wait for the rain to stop," Jungkook replied without meeting her gaze.

Dahyun nodded, turned the umbrella off and sat down before sighing, "Okay."

What is she doing?

As time ticked by, numerous students passed by them and most, if not all, avoided Jungkook for he emitted an aura colder than the weather while many greeted Dahyun with their smiles for her as warm as the sun. He heard various students asking her the same question over and over again.

"Won't you go home?"

Of course, everyone would love her because she's friendly.

"Not yet. I'm still waiting. Don't worry about me. You need to go home now," Dahyun assured each student who asked her.

If there are many people by your side, then why bother sticking to me?

The cold breeze blew, and he noticed how Dahyun rubbed her palms together to create some heat.

Just a little more. This will stop, Jungkook tried to convince himself.

However, the rain just continued to pour harder. He grunted a curse beneath his breath before looking at Dahyun who had readied a smile for him. She opened the umbrella again before taking Jungkook's hand, forcing him to take it. This time, Jungkook accepted the offer making the grin at the girl's lips wider.