⠀ 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾.

Start from the beginning

Astra glanced around her, her eyes scanned from the asian guard who kept his eyes locked on the freckled face janitor across the room.

Reaching into the basket she took hold of two bars and shoved it into her distressed knapsack.

Melissa returned shaking her head, "It looks like I got one more left, hunny." She said as Astra's head snapped up to the woman who reached over handing her the snack. "Enjoy."

"I will." She called back as she walked towards the exit, sparing a glance to the tanned man who mopped the entry way. Letting out a breath as she walked down the hallway she smiled once a familiar mop of brown hair caught her eyes.

"Hey." She chirped nudging Jasper's arm with a smile. "Haven't seen you lately, staying out of trouble Mr. Jordan?" She asked jokingly a ghost of a smirk played on her lips.

Jasper placed his hand on his chest, "Why of course Miss. Kane. Monty and I were actually planning on going to a quilting class later, maybe you'd like to join?" He played along.

"Quilting, seriously?" She asked raising a brow coming to a stop in front of their classroom door.

"I bet it's fun!" He smiled with a shrug.

"Hey," Astra's smile dropped as she spoke quietly with the shaggy haired boy with the goggles. "I heard some of the guards talking, about a 'smell' coming from the vents near the farming station. I told you guys to be careful going down there."

"Sorry, it was late and we just needed a small pick me up." He explained, "We'll be more stealthy, promise." He pouted earning a smile from the blonde, bringing one to his face. "I love you!" He called after her as she nodded entering the classroom that slowly began to fill with students.

Astra sat next to Johnathan Murphy.

John let out a small groan as she sat next to him. "What is it blondie?" He asked.

"Have you eaten today?" She asked softly placing her bag down and pulling out her doodle filled notebook.

John parted his lips to retort in a snarky comment only to press his lips into a thin line seeing her motherly glare. "No." He mumbled.

Astra smiled slightly as she reached in her bag and slide the three bars into his leather jacket's pocket. "Ash-"

"Take them, I ate this morning." She said patting his forearm gently. "Just know, we've got no more peanut butter." She pouted.

John's lips twitched, "Then at least have half before there's officially no more."

Astra sighed, "Fine, after class. Mine?" John gave the blonde a look who nodded knowingly, "We can study after. Think Marcus gets home around seven today."

"Yeah." John eyed the side of her face. If she were any other girl, perhaps Clarke Griffin, or another privileged such as Wells Jaha he would have a go at her. She had always been kind to him and - well - everyone she came across.

He didn't understand why she refused to call Marcus her father, until he had gotten to know her better. The night his mother had drank herself into a coma ultimately leading to her death. Astra had found him one night in their small library crying in the restriction section. She had taken a seat next to him and stayed silent as he wept. The only movement she did to the young boy was place her hand on his forearm, her hazel eyes burning into his icy blue ones almost reassuring him everything would be alright.

Though John was seen as an antisocial delinquent, Astra had gotten to know the real him. He was funny, sweet when he wanted to be, and protective. Everyone misjudged him, like they did with everyone.