2.8

Mustering whatever strength you had left, you trudge over to the puddle and pigeons. As expected, the birds hardly notice your approach and before they can do anything, you pounce, landing on two of them while the rest flutter away in a mass of gray feathers. The moment you sink your teeth into the flesh of one of the pigeons, your mouth waters and your stomach demands for more. Once the two pigeons have been devoured, you slink over to the puddle and lap up as much water you can.

+ 15 hunger + 15 thirst + 10 energy + 5 health

With your belly somewhat content, you decide that you're satisfied and now have some time to think. The she-cat you spotted earlier has disappeared into the alleyway, leaving no trace whatsoever, landing you back on square one. The dogs have been dealt with, and now, you only desire to figure out what that feeling had been when you laid eyes upon the stray she-cat.

However, without the she-cat in sight, your questions only occupy your time and take up any time that you could use to better your chances of survival. You know you have to do something to survive. Scanning the area around you, you happen to notice faint landscapes that resembled a small forest or plain. Judging by where you stand and your strength, it would take a day at minimum. 

Something about the world outside the alleyway intrigues you, like something is calling you into the wilderness. You can't tell if the feeling is good or bad, but whatever it is, it seems to be a better choice than sitting around in the alleyway where at any given moment, your life is in peril. Then again, the outside could hold dangers as well, and for all you know, you've grown up in the streets and are more familiar with them compared to what was out there. 

As the sounds of the streets fill your ears, your head begins to throb. It wants to tell you something. Having a hard time concentrating, you lean down and try to collect your thoughts as your headache continues. The pain becomes unbearable and you collapse on your side, wishing the pain away. You are so sure you're about to pass out, but at the last moment, something flashes brightly in your mind, clear as day.

A lush, green bush decorated with tiny, yellow flowers.  

The image comes and goes before you have any time to identify the herb. Now with your headache gone, you shakily rise to your paws, mind racing with your next mission. Along with the yellow flower, another cat comes into your mind. One that looks similar to the she-cat you had seen earlier. 

For one thing, the flower was located on a bush that had to be growing in a forest, outside of the alleyway. You question why it was that flower in particular that appeared in your mind, but figured it might hold a clue or key to your hidden past. Traveling outside the alleyway would mean danger, and you know you are in no shape or condition to fight against another cat, let alone a rabid dog or two. 

With the she-cat in mind, doubt begins to creep into your stomach, and you wonder if she had anything to do with your past. The two cats in your mind look identical, making you think they were the same cat, or littermates at the very least. Unfortunately, the she-cat is gone and you didn't get a chance to catch a glimpse as to where she was headed. Finding her in the alleyway is risky, as you have to dodge all the threats that await in the cracks of the streets. 

Your desire to find the she-cat bubbles up once again, but she has left no tracks for you to figure out where she had gone. If there is a chance for you to find her, you may unlock a clue to your past, but picking up from bare bones isn't going to be easy.

On the other paw, the yellow flower from your vision seems to be nagging you to leave the streets and travel outside to find it. Leaving to find it would take you out of the dangerous streets, but you don't know what the world outside the streets is like, and it could be twice as dangerous. 

______STATS______

Aspen

Hunger: 85/100

Energy: 22/100

Thirst: 31/100

Health: 53/100