1.2

"Aspen."

A voice whispers in your head, and you cling onto the word as if your life depends on it. You can't forget your own name, no matter what.

After pondering your surroundings for a bit, you feel ready to stand up and find your way around.

Slowly stretching your brown, dappled fur, you push yourself steadily onto your legs. They seemed to have stopped quivering under pressure, which you take as a good sign. You sniff at the musty, dog-scented atmosphere, and your muzzle curls in fear. You have to get out of here.

Eventually, you make your way over mounds of carrion and dirt towards an exit, carefully avoiding pests that scuttle between your paws. The entryway is broken down and crumbling, but you manage to squeeze through a gap and into the bright sunlight.

You stop to ease your raspy breathing. Squinting in the sudden change in lighting, you bend down to hastily lap muddy water from a puddle. Although the taste is disgusting, it somewhat quenches your terrible thirst. After your eyes adjust, you see you are in a wide alley lined with bricks and scrap metal.

Your belly rumbles loudly. You still don't know where you are, but you figure you will remember eventually. But right now, you figure your main focus should be on keeping up your strength.

To your left, the alley ends abruptly at a chainlink fence, but you think you can spot a hole in its rusty metal. Behind the fence lies a group of carrion bins where you might find food, but if dogs appear, you could become trapped.

You turn your head and sniff the air again.

To your right, your view is blocked by stacks of various items and boxes, but you think you can taste a whiff of fresh air. What lies behind all that junk?

______STATS______
Aspen
Hunger: 30/100
Energy: 25/100
Thirst: 60/100
Health: 50/100
_________________