1.4

As the dog's growls come nearer, you make a quick decision. After freeing yourself from the clutter, you leap to your paws and make a run for it.

Your enemies spot you and make chase, their deafening barks echoing throughout the alleyway. Panting, you reach the window and jump.

Your claws grasp for a foothold, and they slip and scrape against stone. "I'm going to fall and die here," you think, just as your claws catch on the windowsill. Thanking the stars, you heave your trembling body up and over the edge.

-2 Thirst

You look back and see the drooling dogs going mad beneath your safety ledge. Your stomach flips, and you suddenly vomit and watch as it splatters sickeningly onto the brick floor and the two dogs. They both howl and snort, then scamper away.

-5 Health

Once you catch your breath, you glance through the broken window to see what's inside. Everything is dark, and the place smells old and musty, but you think you catch a whiff of rat dung. You carefully step down into the empty building and let your eyes adjust. You notice broken wood and furniture lying about. The place is abandoned.

Excited about the prospect of hunting, you taste the air and crawl towards a promising heap of junk. Rat stench overwhelms your senses, and you can barely hear a scratching noise. Your mouth waters, yet you wait patiently for the right moment.

A tiny nose sticks out from underneath its grimy abode, twitching its whiskers. Just a little farther.

The rodent steps out, and you pounce. Your balance is off, and it almost escapes, but you quickly lunge and snap its neck with a killing bite, but not before it screeches in alarm. Unfortunately, every other prey in the building now knows you're here.

You look down at your catch. Its soft belly fur reveals plump skin beneath, and you can tell it's nice and healthy.

Before you take a bite, you pause. What if it makes you even sicker? Who knows what kind of carrion your fresh-kill has been feasting on? Maybe you should look for food somewhere else.

Your stomach rumbles, and you almost keel over from the pain of an empty stomach. You don't know how much longer you can go without eating. Taking a huge bite of rat sounds so good right now.

______STATS______
Aspen
Hunger: 20/100
Energy: 20/100
Thirst: 58/100
Health: 45/100
_________________