24

Update

Jimin and Hoseok boarded their flight and sat in their seats. Jimin had the window seat and he just buckled up and looked outside.

Leaving Japan meant leaving Jungkook behind. But he didn't want to breathe the same air as him for now. It hurt so bad. He loved Jungkook so much, so so much. But after everything that had happened, his heart was shattered. He didn't even know how long it would take for him to feel like himself again.

Their flight took off and Jimin's heart began racing as they left Japan. It reminded him of everything that had happened. Every moment he had spent with Jungkook was so special to him but the fact they couldn't be together was just such a harsh reminder of his own reality. He was merely a fan and Jungkook a celebrity.

Hoseok was listening to music and had his eyes closed. He was busy thinking about Taehyung and how he had broken his heart, he didn't mean to. But what other choice did he have? Hoseok sighed and chose not to think about it any more.

He opened his eyes and looked and Jimin only to find him sobbing hard.
"Minnie.." Hoseok hugged him.
"It hurts, hyung." Jimin sobbed softly.
"I know.." Hoseok stroked his hair. Jimin sobbed in his chest as he tried to gain control of his emotions but obviously failed.

"We'll go away from all this." Hoseok assured him and Jimin bit his lip. He didn't want to lose Jungkook but he barely had a choice.

_______________________________________

The boys came down to the backstage after the concert finally got over. Jungkook was still a crying mess.

"Kook.." Jin hugged him tightly.
"Hyung.." Jungkook breathed out. The staff also looked at him worried.

Jungkook just sat on the couch and cried. Namjoon hugged him from behind and kissed his head. Jungkook just sobbed in Jin's chest.

Taehyung hugged him too and Yoongi stood there silently. He didn't know what to say.
"He left, hyung. He left." Jungkook cried harder.
"Who?" Yoongi asked softly and stroked his hair.
"Jimin..." Jungkook managed.

Taehyung took Yoongi away and explained to him the entire situation. Yoongi but his lip confused. He didn't know what to say in such a situation. Jungkook had seemed to mess up quite a bit.

The boys left for the hotel and the next day they had their flight back to Seoul where they had a few interviews.

Jungkook cried all the way to the hotel and the boys were so concerned. They didn't exactly know what to do and what to say to him. They reached the hotel and Jungkook went straight to his room.

Just as Jin and Taehyung were going to follow, Namjoon interrupted.
"Maybe, Yoongi hyung and I.. Should go talk to him." He suggested.
"But.."
"I think so too." Yoongi said. Jin and Taehyung backed off and let the two in.

Jungkook was sitting on the bed as his tears fell endlessly without a single stop.
"Kookie." Yoongi said and sat next to him while Namjoon sat in from of him on a chair.

"So tell us from the start." Namjoon held his hand.
"He's the same... Same person from the fanmeetings..." Jungkook managed to say.
"Oh." they both said.
"And I..." Jungkook then proceeded to tell them the entire story.

How he thought Jimin leaked his photos, to their trip to Disneyland, to their kiss, the night and the night everything went wrong.

"But why did you say it?" Namjoon asked genuinely.
"Because I  was scared. I was scared someone would find out he's dating me and he'd get attacked by everyone. I was afraid of all the hate he'd get just for dating me. But I panicked. I didn't mean to humiliate him. I didn't mean to do that, I swear." Jungkook practically begged for them to believe him.

"Jungkook. Do you really like this guy?" Yoongi asked softly.
"I do." Jungkook replied with zero hesitation.
"Well, then... You're gonna have to try to make things right. Just crying won't help. And you also need to respect the fact he needs some space. It's not easy forgetting everything that has happened. You understand?" Yoongi tried to explain.

"But hyung-"
"Kookie. You hurt him. Things take time. Even today when I fight with Jin, if I cross a line and he needs space to come around, I have to give it to him. That's how life works. And here you messed up a lot, you need to give him some time to cool down. Some time to relax. Once he does, he may come around and talk to you. To know why you did what you did. But for now, it is his right to be upset. " Namjoon said softly.

Jungkook looked down disappointed.
" Hyung. What if he doesn't come back? " Jungkook asked.
" He will. If there is love. He will. I promise. " Yoongi said and Namjoon smiled and nodded too.

Jungkook bit his lip and looked down. He hoped there was some chance in the universe that Jimin would come around and at least listen to him once. Just once. But what he had done, he wasn't sure if Jimin would even consider seeing his face. Maybe Jungkook desevered it for what he had done, but he begged the universe a chance. Because he knew how much he loved Jimin and wanted to be with him.

Just one chance. That's all he wanted.

Author's note

Short update but I am so ill rn that I can't even stay awake. I'm sorry. Ily.