Chapter 1

The wind blew gently into Kagome's face. She looked down toward the chaotic village filled with screams and terror. The hidden village in the Land of Water was at its worst point. She didn't expect it to be so bad when she went back to visit. 

'I left Yagura in charge of here a few years ago. I heard rumors that it now became a bloody mist village. What happened?'

Kagome leaped from her spot from the port and started to run to the village. Civilians ran past her screaming for help. She wondered what has caused this once peaceful village to be in ruins?  All the sudden she heard cries of help from a little girl far from her. The little girl was stuck in between collapsing building with her family trying to get her out of it. No one bothered to help that family and Kagome saw the building ready to go down. She quickly shunshin to the little girl, grabbing the family with her to a safer place. 

"Thank you, thank you for saving our daughter!"The father of the family she had just saved cried out in happiness. The wife thanked her also. 

"May I ask what happened here?"Kagome needed information on why there's so much chaos. 

"The rebellions against Yagura is happening! They started fighting with each other and the village is being brought down to them." 

"I see. Thank you." The family nodded their head and ran to safety with the other civilians. 

'Rebellions? Yagura is a good kid, why would people rebel?'

Kagome stopped in her track and tried to sense Yagura's energy. There was a faint sense of the three-tails toward the south side of the village. 

'There!'

She teleported near the area and saw a battle between Yagura and a young girl with auburn hair with some side bangs. Kagome sensed that both were running out of chakra and the battle was at its near. Yagura was covered in his cloak of the three-tails, but it seemed like the girl was winning. With a few hand-signs, the girl split out acidic mud toward Yagura as he tried to dodge it. Unforntualy some had still hit him and he screamed in agony. The auburn-haired girl rushed to deal with the finishing-blow when a hand caught her wrist and stopped her. The girl looked at Kagome in shock. There wasn't anyone that could stop her boil-release. It would melt anyone and yet the woman standing before her was able to stop her hand without any pain shown. 

"Why are you protecting that murderer?! The village would be better without him!" 

Kagome released the girl's hand as the girl stumbled backward. Kagome turned to Yagura who was on the ground breathing hard, still with the charka cloak around him. "This is not him, I can guarantee that for sure."

"Well, if that isn't him, then who is the one killing everyone in the village? The village is in poverty and disorder because of him! We need a new leader and it will NOT be him!" The girl screamed in frustration toward Kagome.

Kagome stared at the girl. She could see the pain and tiredness from her through her eyes. "What is your name?"

"Why would I tell you my name? I don't even know-"

"Speak." 

That one word froze the girl's body. She could feel the power radiating off Kagome when she took a second look. She stuttered out," M-Mei. Mei Terumi."

Mei was no idiot. By a glance, any shinobi would think Kagome was just a regular jonin. However, Mei saw more. She saw the charka leaking out of Kagome. Mei started to feel fear. She realized that not only Kagome wasn't using any of her skill, but Kagome also had the power to kill her in a second. She examined Kagome cautiously. The woman in front of her was beautiful no doubt. She was probably in her early twenties and have long silver hair flowing down her back while wearing a black coat covering her body. Probably a bit taller too.  

"Impressive. I haven't seen someone use lava release in a long time and the fact you also have boil-release as well. You have great potential, Mei." Kagome gave Mei an eye-closed smile. 

Mei could only stand still as she watched Kagome squat next to Yagura. Kagome saw the cloak of charka was starting to lower down and how the three-tails was trying to heal him. Kagome immediately pushed her hand with green chakra on Yagura's forehead, forcing Yagura's eyes to open. She saw his pink eyes staring at her lifelessly. As she took a closer look, she saw three black orbs staring back at her. 

'The sharingan. An Uchiha was controlling him the entire time. He was placed in a genjutsu all along.'

Kagome grabbed Yagura and put him onto her shoulders. She turned around to face Mei who was still confused. "He was placed in a genjutsu, Mei. Someone was controlling him the whole time."

"What? Then who was it?"Mei shocked with the sudden news.

"Someone very powerful, I assume. I will take away Yagura to heal and I want you to rebuild back Kirigakure the way it uses to be, peaceful."

"But, I need evidence that Yagura is dead. You can't just leave with him. And how am I suppose to build back Kiri when all I grew up here was filled with blood?"

Kagome thought for a while and replied back, "Tell the others that Yagura died by the three-tails' power. He was burnt alive by taking it in too fast. And I will come back to help you, Mei. I will show you that even the bloody mist village can be peaceful."

Kagome gave a soft smile to Mei as she teleported Yagura and her to a small secluded place in the northern mountains. There inside was a small house that Kagome made. She placed Yagura on her bed and started to heal him back. Green chakra started to glow out of her hands, placing on top of Yagura's body. 

"Uchiha huh? There's only one village that has a clan of them. Konaha. I guess I'm going back home." She whispered to herself as she finished healing Yagura back to health. 

Hi! This is my first fanfic so please ignore my grammar mistakes. Also, I'm changing some part of history to match my story. I really love Naruto and thought why not make a fanfic about a character I had in mind ever since I started reading fanfics about him.  Thank you so much for reading this!