Twenty Nine

Taehyung was sitting next to Hoseok when a knock on the door startled him.

He turned to the door which was across from where they were sitting and then turned to Hoseok. “I’ll get it.” He whispered, slipping from the man’s grasp and walking towards the door, answering it.

His eyes widened when he was met with two men, dressed in police uniforms. “M-May I help you, sirs?” He asked.

“We are looking for Kim Taehyung.”

“That would be me…” Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows. “May I ask what you are in need of?”

“You. If you would please come with us, Mr. Kim.”

“I-I’m Sorry?” Taehyung took a step back, confused. By then, Hoseok had been alerted that something strange was happening and stood from the couch, practically running towards the door.

One of the officers grabbed onto Taehyung and shoved him behind them, barring Hoseok from grabbing his lover. “Step away.” The Officer growled. Hoseok froze, his eyes wide.

“H-Hobi!” Taehyung squeaked out as the second officer began to guide him away. He struggled a bit. “Where are you taking me!? Let me go!”

“I am sorry, Mr. Kim. You are safe now, please trust us.”

“Safe!? Why would I not be safe before!? Where are you taking me? Let me go this instant!”

“Should I restrain him, Lee?” The Officer asked, turning to the other who was approaching them. He shook his head, just helping his partner put the resisting boy into the car.

He picked up his phone. “Kim Taehyung was picked up, unharmed. Although his mental condition seems to have been altered and there was resistance.” Taehyung yelled at the officer to let him out of the car, trying to open the door as they drove off, but t no avail,

“I demand to know what is going on! Let me go!”

Taehyung’s demands weee left ignored, and soon they pulled in front of a police station. Taehyung was escorted inside and placed down on a chair. He glared at the men who surrounded him.  “Why am I here!? I demand to know why I’m here!”

“Sir, please calm down, we are trying to help you.”

“Help me? I don’t need help!”

“Kim Taehyung, are you aware that you were sold?” Taehyung froze, his eyes widening.

“I’m sorry?”

“An illegal human trafficking of Kim Taehyung when Mr. Kim Namjoon transferred legal ownership from one of his strip clubs to Mr. Kun Hanuel to turn into a women’s club for his wife. Your name was on the deed for the building. Mr. Kun raised his concerns and you were indeed in Mr. Kim’s custody.”

“And I’d like to go back. I wasn’t there against my will.” The officers glanced at each other. They started whispering to one another and Taehyung hear two phrases which set him off. ‘Stockholm’s syndrome’ and ‘psychiatric help’ being the things he heard.

He groaned, slamming his hands onto the table before him.

“Fucking listen to me! I don’t need help! I was not kept there against my will and I am in perfect mental condition! Kim Namjoon is merited to my brother, Kim Seokjin! I was not kidnapped, not sold, not held captive, not abused, nothing! So let me go!”

The officers ignored him. Taehyung scoffed and tried to get their attention again, but to no avail. Suddenly, the doors to the room opened and a male entered, young, almost Taehyung’s age.

“Hello. I was directed here by an officer? I’m Kun Song-Cha.” The male glanced at Taehyung, offering hi a small smile, to which the male turned away, frowning. Song-Cha felt a little confused at the gesture, he thought the male would be glad to know that he was free.

“Of course, Mr. Kun. We’re just finishing up, and we’ll be releasing Mr. Kim into your care. However we greatly recommend some form of psychiatric evaluation for his health. And we would also advise you not to let him out of your sight for the next week or so.”

Taehyung ales at th emend who acted as if he was not in the room. Was his voice to go unheard? His arguments, his complaints?

His pleads?

-

“You’ll be staying in my room for the time being, after all they said not to let you or of sight…” the man trailed off. “Anyway, I’m Song-Cha, if you hadn’t already learned. My father just bought the club that you were imprisoned at for my step-mother, and I found your name on the deed. I want you to know that we’re working with a lawyer to remove your name from it, but in the mean time, you are safe here, with us. My father wouldlike to meet you soon, but he is a busy man. But my step-mother has just been dying to speak with you and maybe get to know you.”

Taehyung nodded numbly, barely processing the words that the man was saying.

Song-Cha was hesitant, but he finally called his step-mother and told her that she could speak with Taehyung now that he was ‘settled’ a little more comfortably.

A knock sounded on the door and Song-Cha walked over, opening it. He spoke a few quiet words with whoever was on the other side before stepping to the side and then exiting altogether.

Taehyung kept his eyes on the ground as a pair of heeled feet approached him.

When he looked up he froze.

Hyeri.

Kun.

Hyeri.