Twenty Two

Eleven came all too soon.

Taehyung was nervously pacing around his room, not really sure as to what to do. Jin was sitting there, looking rather amused, as the boy ran a hand through his hair.

“I look fine, right?”

“Oh my god, just relax, Taehyung. It’s Hoseok, he’ll call you beautiful if you wore a garbage bag.”

“Really?”

“Yes. He may have been a man whore, but he is also a hopeless romantic.”

“He is?”

“That man would make you a candle lit dinner every night, take you on midnight walks through the park and fly you halfway across the world to Paris for a romantic weekend if you asked him right now. Once he’s set his sights on someone, he’s a goner. Whipped from day one, he was. Just wouldn’t show it.”

“That can’t be tru—“ a knock on the door suddenly interrupted him and he turned, a panicked look suddenly sweeping over his expression. Jin laughed and got up from his seat on his brother’s bed, walking to the door and opening it.

“Oh! Hoseok, would you look at that. We were just talking about y—“

“Thanks, Hyung!” Taehyung said, suddenly smacking a hand over Jin’s mouth. “Thanks for keeping me company, but...bye!”  And then Taehyung grabbed Hoseok's hand and dragged him down the hall.

He knew Jin would tell Hoseok everything he’d said. How nervous and panicked he was.

He didn’t know if he could handle that embarrassment.

He put his money on that he wouldn’t.

He finally got a healthy distance away from his brother and sheepishly released Hoseok from his death-like grip.

“Sorry, Hyung…” he trailed off. Hoseok laughed and shook his head.

“Don’t sweat it, I know how you feel. Jin Hyung can be super embarrassing sometimes.”

“Yeah.” Taehyung laughed and looked down at his feet, the atmosphere suddenly getting awkward around them.

Hoseok cleared his throat. “Come on, I’ve got some fun things planned for today.”

“Really? Like what?”

“That’s for me to know, and you to find out.” Hoseok said cheekily, winking at the male. Taehyung blushed and looked down, nodding shyly.

He allowed Hoseok to drag him out of the mansion and to a car, where he jumped in. His leg bounced excitedly as he waited in anticipation for where they were going.

He gasped as Hoseok pulled up in front of a small little shop.

A clay painting shop. Taehyung giggled and turned to Hoseok, smiling brightly.

“Did I do alright?”

“Yes!” Taehyung excitedly dragged him out of the car and to the shop. It was completely empty. Hoseok had reserved the whole place for the day.

Taehyung was jumping around like an excited child, looking at all of the premade animals, bowls, plates, and other ornaments.

“Hello! We have your station set up for the both of you, Mr. Jung. Please feel free to use anything. Are you in need of some instruction to get you started?”

“No, that won’t be necessary. Thank you.” Hoseok told the woman. She nodded and walked to the back room again. Hoseok turned to Taehyung who was practically hopping in his place. “Go on, baby.” Hoseok whispered.

Taehyung shivered from the nickname, but shot forward, running for a medium sized puppy figurine, squealing at how cute it was. Hoseok laughed and sat across from him at the table.

“Go get something!” Taehyung demanded. Hoseok raised an eyebrow, but obediently got up and grabbed a mug without a handle.

Upon closer inspection, he found a label, which stated that it was a cup to hold paint brushes and other art tools. He nodded, taking it back to the table.

“No animal?”

“I’m painting this for you. Since you’ve gotten some art stuff now, I thought this would be a nice addition to your room. You can put your pencils or brushes or something in here and every time you reach for a new tool you’ll be thinking of me.” Hoseok winked, and Taehyung blushed madly at that, sheepishly turning back to his own painting.

They fell into a comfortable silence, occasionally throwing a few words back and forth to make a bit of conversation, but otherwise they were comfortable to just sit silently and paint.

Hoseok wasn’t that good at art, but he tried his best. His piece didn’t look that bad.

Although it was nothing compared to Taehyung’s which looked professionally done. But he supposed Taehyung was a bit of a professional, so it was understandable.

But that didn’t stop Hoseok from huffing a teasingly jealous breath. Taehyung giggled and they handed their finished pieces to the woman at the counter.

“We can have them done by tomorrow, is that okay with you?”

“Yeah, we’ll come and pick them up.” Hoseok nodded. They left and Hoseok dragged Taehyung back to the car. “Now for the next activity!”

They spent the rest of the day enjoying each other’s company, laughing, talking, and just growing closer.

Hoseok took Taehyung to the zoo, showing him all of the animals, then they stopped and got some ice cream. They hijacked a bounce house and spent about two hours just bouncing around as well, laughing like idiots.

Now they were sitting at a cafe, getting a small meal before heading back home. Taehyung was smiling brightly at Hoseok.

“Thank you, for today.”

“Did you have fun?” Taehyung nodded enthusiastically.

“So much! Thank you, Hyung!”

“So this bodes well for a second?”

“If you can top this one.”

“Challenge accepted.” Taehyung giggled.

“I was kidding! This was almost too much, you can just take me on a walk or something next time—“

“Hoseok?” The two stopped talking, Hoseok whipping his head to the side at the voice, Taehyung furrowing his eyebrows in confusion upon seeing the expression on the man’s face.

“Hyung?”

“Hyeri.” Hoseok said flatly, completely ignoring Tae’s question.

“Hoseok...I-it’s been awhile…”