Chapter 17

Small recap of last chapter: Cheryl and Toni were assigned as partners for a project and Toni tried to talk to her during the lesson but she shut her out. Later on they agree to meet up, but for different reasons i.e. figuring their shit out!  

Cheryl's POV

It's time.

It's finally fucking time.

Finally time to get my best friend back.

Time to put all those feelings aside because one, I don't want to lose her again because of said feelings and two, she has a girlfriend. 

Being friends with Toni is all I'm thinking about as I tap my foot nervously on the floor and glance at my phone every 5 seconds to check what the time is.

6:10.

She's already late.

Great.

But I know if I leave now,  I'll miss what she has to say and I'll definitely not get to say what I want. Having a crush on her definitely being not one of them.

Yep. I finally admitted it to myself because I refuse to just..live in denial. But I'm not even close to ready to admit it to her.

I look down, sipping my strawberry milkshake before I hear the familiar noise of the Pops' bells signalling that someone just came in and I sigh, hoping it is Toni as I look up and I'm met with said serpent.

No One's POV (Sorry for the quick change of POVs)

"Hey." She mumbles as she approached Cheryl's table and sits down in the booth opposite her, glancing down at her chocolate milkshake.

"Hey and uh..I bought that for you. I hope that's okay."

"Of course it's okay..thank you." She said offering me a small smile which Cheryl reciprocates.

"So-"

"I-"

"You go." Cheryl said, chuckling lightly as she fiddled with her fingers underneath the table nervously.

Her heart was practically beating out of her chest because this could go two ways. One, they end up not actually fixing anything and their friendship would really over. Which is what both girls didn't want. Ever. Or two, they actually fix things like mature adults and go back to the way everything was. Cheryl and Toni. As friends again.

"I just want to start off with saying that..I really miss you Cher. And part of is my fault because I left you that day in the toilets when I shouldn't have, I should have been there for you. And I wasn't..I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for that. It was so shitty of me. And I wanted to come to talk to you so many times Cheryl, but my head was telling me you hated me. Which I wouldn't even blame you for." She explained, shaking her head angrily at herself as Cheryl did the same.

"No..of course I don't hate you Toni. I never have and never will. And sure that really sucked but I also didn't blame you. I'm so fucking hard to handle and-"

"No you're not. You were here hurting. You've never been too much for me. Trust me."

Cheryl smiled a little at her words and sighed deeply.

"Even if that's the case..I was also at fault. You're literally the only person I trust and..I couldn't open up to you when I should've but at the same time..I'm not ready yet. And I know that must hurt to hear but I'm just not ready..and I'm sorry."

And when will she be? The thought of Cheryl confiding in Toni about her crush on the pinkette makes her uncomfortable because Toni can easily leave her again if she can't accept that her closest friend likes her. Orrr..it could go much better and end up with the shorter girl reciprocating those feelings. Which Cheryl thinks is impossible. But is it?