Percy looked at the army, in the number of thousands, Percy gulped a little, their war banners up in the sky, blowing to the wind. Their flags were a crimson colour, the symbol of the sea dragon or the wyvern is what they called it. They were the Saxons, all of their soldiers were clad in iron armor, all of them either holding swords, shields, or bows. They still weren't physically attacking yet, they sent a volley of flaming arrows before to cause at least some damage, but they were still rooted to their spot, observing the battlefield.

Percy gulped, turning behind him, seeing all of the guards pale, deathly pale, they all gulped in both nervousness and fear of what was to come, the battle seemed impossible, Percy had to admit. Percy turned towards the Saxons who were now slowly approaching the small numbers of guards. Yet, they stood strong, nervous, yes, afraid, absolutely, scared, most definitely, but yet, they stood there, ready to die for the village they held so dear.

Percy turned slowly towards the now approaching Saxon army, Percy clutched his sword, gripping it rather tightly, the Saxon army was now charging with a sprint, all of them running towards the seventy guards, Percy gulped, going into a stance, Merlin was clutching his staff, mumbling under his breath. Percy estimated the moment the two armies would collide, the Saxons screamed their battle cries, charging in with ferocious speed.

5

4

3

2

1

Merlin finished chanting, a giant blue transparent wall appearing just in time, stopping the Saxons from getting any closer.

"Quick, attack, that barrier won't hold off for long." Merlin screamed over the fight, Percy was the first to snap out of his trance, instantly charging towards the barrier, clutching his sword and doing multiple slashes at the barrier, Percy had to thank Merlin if they managed to survive, it was a barrier that completely prevents attacks from enemies, but allows any attacks from what you considered an ally, basically a one sided mirror.

Percy felt bad about doing this, Percy never wanted to harm a fellow human, monsters were different, but Percy had to remind himself, if he hesitated, if he freezes, the Saxons would instantly kill him, that was their training, kill or be killed. Percy went to work, going soldier after soldiers, Percy could feel the anxiety building up in him every time he killed a human, it was not in Percy's nature to do that, Percy was very conflicted about it all.

Percy didn't have time to ponder these thoughts, Percy shut his mind and kept on slashing and slashing, desperate to protect his home, it was the only thing he considered home, after, he was cursed. Percy shook his head and kept his mind at keeping the Saxons at bay, Percy kept slashing and slashing, slowly the number of Saxons were deflecting, the rest of the guards were now lending their swords too, slashing and dicing towards the Saxons who were slashing ferociously at the wall, only for it to bounce off aimlessly.

Percy began to grow anxious, the wall slowly flickering on and off at random times, occasionally letting a single Saxon in, to be massacred by the guards, Percy was still feeling nervous, it was a sign that the barrier was slowly fading. Percy clutched his sword and did as many slashes as humanely possible, going full force, trying to take down as much Saxons as possible in the remaining period of time.

The blue barrier slowly started to flicker more and more, the barrier wearing, a sword passing through and more soldiers managing to break through the barrier. Percy gritted his sword, it was starting to break. Percy instantly ran back to Merlin who was clutching his own staff, the rest of the guards followed suit, running back towards their original line. Percy clutched his sword, a lone bead of sweat dropping from his forehead, anxiety and fear gripping onto Percy tightly.