Chapter 32 ~ happy

"I could have driven myself." I whined as Happy painstakingly took his sweet time waiting to turn. For some odd reason, I almost thought he was purposely taking longer than normal on purpose just to drive me crazy.

"You're not old enough." He countered without even glancing over at me.

"I'm sixteen." I protested as I reached forward to change the radio station to something that didn't sound like it belonged at a funeral.

"You don't have a license." He shot back as he turned the radio station back to Greatest Hits of the 1800s.

"It would have taken five minutes to have fixed that." I continued to argue as I again turned the station back.

"I've seen your idea of driving in Mario Kart." Happy sputtered as he flicked the station back again. "There is no way I would ever let you so much as touch a real steering wheel."

"You drive like a grandma." I shot back as I crossed my arms.

"Well at least I didn't crash."

"Morgan beat you. Fifteen times." I spat through now gritted teeth.

"I was letting her win." He argued as he turned to glare at me.

"Whatever you need tell yourself." I muttered as I let my feet rest on the dashboard.

"Feet down." He barked.

"I was just stretching."

"If you want to stretch, I can let you out to walk the rest of the way." He shouted.

"It would probably be quicker." I flatly replied as I continued to glare at him.

"You know, I now know why Tony was so impressed with you." He shook his head as he coninuted to glance both ways. We were never going to make this turn with him driving.

"Well after a Peter, he needed someone who could keep up with his sarcasm." I shrugged as I continued to watch him hesitantly glance back and forth. "Seriously." I loudly exclaimed. "You could have easily made that."

"I'm sorry." He exasperatedly shouted back. "I didn't realize this was 'Driving Miss Daisy'."

"It's the sequel." I muttered as he finally decided it was safe to turn. "Well that took long enough."

"You know what?" He began. "I've just about had it with you."

I smirked as I blocked out his most recent rant and instead focused on staring aimlessly out the window. McDonalds. Chick-fil-A. KFC. Dunkin Donuts. "Donuts." I loudly exclaimed. "Can we get donuts?" I flashed a smile at Happy who was now just bitterly staring back at me.

"You just ate." He shook his head as he cautiously glanced down at the speedometer.

"That was over an hour ago." I begged as he again focused on the speedometer. "Would you relax? I'm pretty sure the world would come to an end if you ever drove faster than five under the speed limit."

"Oh, we are definitely not stopping for donuts now." He confidently exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes as I sadly watched the Dunkin Donuts' sign disappear from view. "They should call you Grumpy."