Chapter 29 ~ found

It was 2:07 am Pacific Standard Time, and so far, everything was going according to plan. I had waited for Bucky and Jack to fall asleep before I'd sneaked out and begun my current operation.

I had activated J, and ordered my suit be removed from it storage location in NYC and sent to my location on Hilton Head. While my suit wasn't nearly as nice as one of Stark's, it was fully operational and from the basic schematics it was theoretically faster than any of Stark's designs. If I was wearing it to a battle with an evil Purple Prune, it wouldn't hold up very well, but with the lack of durability came a more streamlined design with faster speeds.

I had arrived in Malibu and had easily gained access. The whole breaking into places wasn't hard when you've been trained by the Winter Solider. The only thing that would have the ordeal better was if I had the theme from Mission Impossible playing, but then again, knowing me, I probably would have somehow blasted it and awoken the entire house.

While Tony Stark may be arrogant, I had to admit that while his Malibu mansion was extravagant, it was also very impressive. Well, at the workshop was. I had successfully deposited the glasses on the workbench, and was not engrossed with downloading several files. I had brought two receivers to download the files onto.

The first would be files that I would give to Jack to sell. While I didn't like the idea of selling Stark's work, at the moment I was more concerned about saving myself then the potential destruction that this choice could bring about. 

The second receiver was going to house all the files I could find that might help me in my quest to defeat Dare.  From my time with her, I could remember that she had been obsessed with three things: me, Project Insight, and Project Cuckoo.

"Who are you?" A high pitched voice questioned.

I stifled a shriek as I whirled around to see a little girl in pink pajamas standing in front of me. Never in my life have I ever felt so much like the Grinch.

I instantly analyazed her. She must be Morgan. Stark's daughter. She had only been four when he had died. She stared quizzically up as me as she stuck her hand into her mouth to play with one of her front teeth. "I'm the tooth fairy." I swiftly lied.

"Where are your wings?" She questioned as she removed her hand from her mouth. She tiled her head as she continued to stare at me.

"I haven't gotten them yet. I'm still in training."

"Oh." The little girl nodded. "My tooth is loose."

"I know." I plastered on a fake smile. "I came to check on that tooth for the big boss."

"That makes sense." She nodded. "When will you get your wings?" She tiptoed closer to me.

"Soon." I abruptly answered.

"Hey, cupcake." A male voice called downstairs.

Chocolate chips! There was absolutely no mistaking that voice. Don't come downstairs my brain began to plead as the footsteps grew louder.

Morgan glanced up towards the noise and then back at me.

"You need to go." I hissed. "If an adult sees me I turn into dust."

Horror spread across her face as she raced towards the stairs. The oncoming footsteps stopped. "What are you doing down here?" I heard a male voice question. "You're suppose to be asleep."