episode 16: friendzone

Start from the beginning

"Careful now, Kook," the guy chuckled. "You're mom's son too."

"What the hell do you want, hyung?! Money? Give me enough time and I'll give you your goddamned 500 million!" he snapped. "Just stay away from her!"

He can feel his brother smirking from the other line.

"Very good, Jungkook. As reliable as always," he said in a rather taunting tone. "But I'm rather enjoying you like this. It's a first."

"Leave her alone!" he hissed. "She has nothing to do with all of this--"

"On the contrary, she's that bastard's sister. That bastard who took a rather 'valuable asset from me." Jungkook clenched his fist. Valuable asset? He refers his wife as a mere possession? Bastard. "So let me propose a trade, dear brother."

"I'm giving you the money, Jinyoung!" he yelled. "You're in no position to propose a fucking trade--"

"Tsk. Tsk. Sure temper, Jungkook. Didn't I teach you not to let your emotions get to you?" Jinyoung taunted him more. "This is why you need me in your life. You need my guidance--"

"I don't need guidance from a psycho like you."

"Another thing you should learn, dear brother," Jinyoung said on gritted teeth. "Don't piss off the person you're making a deal with. Those windows may be bulletproof but I'm certain that wife of yours isn't."

This made Jungkook fall silent. If there's something he's sure about his older brother its that he never bluffs. Empty threats aren't his brother's cup of tea.

He can hear him scoff over the phone.

"Now that I finally got your attention, here's my deal for you," he said on a serious tone. "I trade your wife's life over mine. Give me back Jisoo and I'll assure you nothing bad will happen to Lalisa Kim. Clean deal, don't you think?"

💭

"You traded me off?!" Jisoo blurted out. "How could you--"

"Relax, noona," he immediately stopped her. "I have a plan. I have the 97 guys to help me on this. So I promise you, you, Jin and Lisa will be safe. We'll take down my brother once and for all."

"Be careful, JK. This is your brother's game now. One wrong move, and our lives will forever be in danger."

💎

"Whoa. What's gotten your panties in a twist?" Chaeyoung asked as Lisa walked in the club with a huge scowl on her face.

"Don't ask," she said throwing her Louis Vuitton purse on the seat next to her.

Chaeyoung threw the questioning look on Taehyung who stood behind his twin sister.

"Jungkook has been ignoring her for days," he said trying to stop himself from laughing. But he failed. And this earned him a huge slap on the arm. "She's being a bitch about it all day long."

The red-haired girl turned towards her best friend.

"Just because you're not getting laid doesn't mean you can snitch on me, Tae," Lisa muttered towards her twin then faced Chaeyoung. "It's like he's purposely ignoring me, Chae. And I'm not being dramatic about it. He arrives late--and when I say late, I mean late. We haven't even hooked up the whole week. The whole fucking week."

"Wow. Sex-deprived Lisa is scary," Jimin commented as he walked in from the behind the counter.

"Shut up, midget. I'm not talking to you," she spat making raise both his hands in surrender.