Thirty Three

🦋

YOONGI

I was just going to ask her about the piano practice, that's why when I saw her in the cafeteria, I just went ahead to greet her who was sitting alone, scrolling on her phone.      

"Y/N..." I called her once but to no avail. 

"Y/N..." but still no answer. Then I peeked on her ears, of course, she couldn't hear me with that earplug on.    

So I snatched it away, surprising her.

"Y/N!"

"Y-yes, alpha?" I widened my eyes, the plug I've been holding slipping from my fingers.

Did she just call me... alpha? As in alpha, beta, omega, me as an alpha? It's been a long time since I heard that term, the way people usually referred me in my pack.

Alpha.

She then stared at me wide-eyed, realizing the mistake she had just done.

"W-what did you say?"

"Oh— I'm so sorry Yoongi! I was reading this thing and didn't realize what—" we both flinched when we heard a loud bang from behind us, someone was slamming his fist harshly on a table.

We both turning around at the same time, there was another alpha scent struck into my nose. There was Namjoon, glaring at us with his purple glowing eyes. I could see he gritted his teeth, fisting his hands into a ball, trying so hard to control himself.

Meanwhile, Y/N was ready to approach him, unaware about the situation she's going to get into. I extended my arm to stop her but thankfully there was Taehyung, pulling him away.

I growled lowly as I watched them left. Did he try to challenge me earlier?

"Are you okay?" Y/N asked, snapping me from my thoughts.

I shook my head furiously and rubbed the back of my neck nervously. "I-I'm o-okay."

"Yoongi hyung... are you sick? Your face is all red!" She pointed out, placing a hand on top of my forehead, which made my face flushed, even more, darker shade of red.

I took a step backward reflexively, "N-no— it's okay. I'm not sick." I waved my hands at her, showing the best smile I could so she will questioning no more.

Y/N tilted her head to the side, not convinced with what saying. But I really wasn't sick. It just, you... you made this happened to me, Y/N.

"Hmm... if you say so." She said defeatedly.

I placed a hand on top of my chest, feeling my heart beat faster. Just because she slipped a word already made me felt this way, I wondered how it felt if she could call me alpha for the rest of her life?

I never liked to be referred to my rank, but when she said it, my inner wolf screaming proud, it was different when I heard it escaped her lips. I wasn't annoyed like I used to be. I kinda liked it.

But then again, how on earth she knew about that term?

Okay, the next thing I'm going to ask her was something that I would regret for the rest of my life.

But I just want to hear it one more time.

"Can I ask you something?" She nodded her head.

"Of course, What is it?" I sucked in a deep breath before finally uttered my silly request.

"Can you please call me alpha again?"

She slapped my arm lightly.

"Geez! It was a mistake, oh my God! Stop teasing me!" But I wasn't teasing her.

"I—" I was going to deny but then just able to swallow the thick lump back to my throat.

"What are you reading anyway? This random alpha thing?" I asked curiously.

I could see her fidgeting as she sighed out. "It just—" she patted her chest, calming herself down.

"I know this may sound too crazy but yesterday— yesterday I saw a giant black wolf on top of the rooftop across my dorm, hyung! I—" I tried my best to keep my poker face.

Was that wolf... Namjoon? He must have gone insane! How could he show his real self in here, in the middle of Seoul?!

"That was not the first time either. Back then, when I was almost got assaulted in Busan, a while wolf had saved my life, hyung!"

Oh, wait. That's me.

"I didn't know how I ended up with you that night but I swear the wolf that I've seen was real and this time after I saw another one, I'm very certain!" She gasped excitedly.

This girl seriously, she still excited upon seeing us like a monster. That night as well, I could still remember it crystal clear. She wasn't afraid of my gigantic wolf self, she approached me without showing any fear.

I chuckled at her.  "Are you tired?"

She looked at me in disbelieve. "I knew it you won't believe me!"

I do Y/N, I do. But I...

"Whatever! I'll just go and continue my research about this whole wolf thing." She grabbed her bag and was about to leave.

Wait a minute, I haven't even say what I'm supposed to say!

I grabbed her wrist and turned her around. "Before that, we have a more important thing to do. You have to follow me for our piano practice duet." I smiled gently at her. She facepalmed herself as she just remembered about our deal.

Well, if she could accept the whole werewolf idea, how about I try to court her in a wolf way?

"Y/N?" She hummed as I called.

"Did you still have the bracelet I gave you?"

Moonstone was a magical stone I made in a ritual along with my parents. They said, if I gave it to the wolf I like, they will have the same effect as a mate bond, they will felt the pull although they weren't mated in the first place. Many wolves made their own stone and gave it to the one they wanted to be with.

But this was what an outsider didn't know about the Min's pack. Most of the wolves were granted with physical power stronger than human, like the Kim pack for example?

But our pack was a bit peculiar. Instead of physical power, we gained more psychic power.

I never used it though, but I can. Curious of what can I do? Well, the answer was below.

I can control people mind if I wanted to.

Especially if they're human. Since they have a weaker mind. Hypnosis was the term human called that? Yeah, that.

And that also worked with the moonstone I made, I spared my powers and placed them on it. So the moonstone will have twice effect more than the usual one.

And what did I make with my moonstone?

Oh well, I made a bracelet out of it and gave it to Y/N. I gave it to her as a final goodbye, to make sure she would stay mine. But sadly, she never used it, not even once. Her plain wrist was clear evidence.

Nevertheless...

If Namjoon had an advantage because he was fated to be her mate. So nothing was wrong if I wanted to create my own fate with the power I have, right?

It's not cheating.

It's called a fair play.

🦋