Thirteen

🦋

🦋

YOONGI

It was a chilly morning when I came to visit Soomin. I ditched the school so I could go to the hospital and visited her.        

"Yoongi... what did I told you about skipping classes?" Soomin blurted but I just shrugged. Today's lesson consisted of math, biology, and chemistry. A beautiful mess, isn't it? So I said to her,

"Just for today. I wanted to see you." She blushed hearing my excuses. Although it wasn't entirely false.

"I brought you this." I unzipped my bag and pulled two boxes of bento. I made it this early morning, not to be arrogant but my cooking skill was no joke.

"R-really? Y-you cooked all of this? All by yourself?" She raised her eyebrows, staring at me disbelieve. I scoffed and playfully nudged her.

"You're so lucky to have a boyfriend that is a good chef like me, don't you think?" Soomin chuckled hearing my confidence as she shook her head lightly.

"Beyond lucky, Yoongi. Beyond." She muttered. "And thank you." She opened the lid and stared at it in awe.

I cooked her a quite descent meal. An fried rice wrapped with omelette and pickled radish as the side dishes.

"No way." She exclaimed, clasping her hands—which still had IV drips attached on it— over her mouth.

I cocked an eyebrow. "What's wrong?" I asked.

Soomin shook her head lightly, fixing her eyes on the food container in her hand.

"Are you sure you didn't order the food and placed it here?" I cackled at her accusation.

"I can't believe it! Shall I cook in front of you now? To prove how skillful I am?" She laughed at my remark.

"I mean, I don't mind if you want to invite me for dinner, I want to see you cook, Yoongi." My eyes softened as I gently patted her head.

"Of course, how about this Saturday?" Soomin widened her eyes, looking at me in surprise.

"I mean, for real?!" She asked in disbelieve. I laughed at her reaction. "Of course. You said you wanted to see me cook, why, changed your mind?" She shook her head furiously.

"No, no, no, I would love too. This Saturday? Okay! I'll tell my dad to drop me off at your house." I smiled at her and leaned closer to her face. I left a light peck on her left cheek, earning a gasp from the surprised girl.

I could see blush slowly creeped back to her face as she cupped both of her cheeks with her own hands. Soomin was really cute.

She's also smart, pretty, popular, a social butterfly I may say, just the epitome of perfect. I could say I'm lucky to have her as my girlfriend now. Everyone would be dying to be on my place. But it didn't feel right. Being with her didn't feel right.