Chapter 10

ZANE

ZANE

    I'm sitting back watching the scene unfold before me, assessing how far I'm going to let this go. As Parker turns away from Isis, I get up to escort her back to our table. He didn't tell me how he had planned to do the switch off when we spoke earlier yesterday, he just told me to be at Le Cirque by a certain time. So it was to my surprise to see that he had actually shut down the entire restaurant, just for the three -- no, I guess the two of us.

    I reach her, and not a moment later, she collapses in my arms, hysterically crying. I walk her back over to the table, sit down, and sit her in my lap. At that moment, I didn't give a fuck where we were. The moment to make her mine was here and I'll be damned if I failed.

    "Isis, please look at me."

     She kept crying as if I hadn't just instructed something from her. I knew right then, I was going to handle her with a firm hand. Coddling her wasn't going to cut it.

     "Isis, I said look at me," I commanded.

     She stops only for a moment to compose herself as much as she can, takes a deep breath, and finally looks at me. Her beautiful ambers were amplified by the tears she had just shed, and I knew I was forever lost to her. Don't get me wrong, I'm no believer in love at first sight, but if I wasn't careful, this woman would know she owns me, mind, body & soul already.

     "I just don't understand what I did. We could've talked about this!" She sniffles.

     "I'm sure it was Parker and his hang ups. Listen Duchess, this wasn't you at ALL."

     Parker never said he'd tell Isis the reason for the switch, and why fuck up a good thing? If he looks like the villain right now, why not use that to my advantage, and swoop in like the hero?

     "Hang ups or not, Donovan KNOWS, he KNOWS I love him! I accepted him, flaws and all!" She starts crying again.

     I take my thumb and swipe her eyes dry, "I'm sure you do, but he's not here to explain. Did you hear his reasoning for bringing you here tonight?"

     She looks at me with a confused look on her face, and finally realizes she's sitting on my lap. This is the closest we've touched since meeting, and her skin is so fucking silky smooth. I can't help but touch her, and my cock starts to get hard underneath. I know she can feel me poke her through my trousers, and I don't even care. She starts to shift, and I hold her hips in place. Her face was red from crying over Parker, now red for a completely different reason. I decide that since she's now mine to do whatever I want, I don't want to wait.

    "Duchess, how are you feeling, physically?"

    She lowers her brows as if she doesn't know what I'm talking about, and then her eyes widen, "I'm really sore from last night."