Chapter 20

A taxi picked us up, drove us to the place where the party will be held tonight, stepped out of the taxi and got our make-up done.

Now, I'm standing next to a trailer, which is one of the many trailers where they do all the guests their make-up. Aidan is sitting in one of them right now, getting ready for the party.

There's a lot of people and they all look so happy. A huge smile plastered on their face.

I don't know if it's for the cameras or if they are truly happy. I've never been to a party like this one. I recognized a few actors already, I almost let myself go wild and I had to ignore the need to go up to them and ask for a picture.

If I wasn't here, I'd probably be tucked in bed, with crisps and other snacks, watching Netflix.

The presence of all these well known persons is crazy, amazing but also scary. Like I want to run away and just hide, because I know that I don't belong here. That's what I think behind the wide smile I plastered on my face, probably just like some others here.

The make-up team from the trailer I went in, was happy with my choice of clothes. Even though i'm just wearing a light blue dress which comes to my feet. For seeing so many people this evening, I'd have thought that they would ignore me and just do their work.

That would've made me feel even more alone so I was very glad that they did the opposite. They started talking and they found out rather quickly that I wasn't used to all of. . . this.

They were very kind and welcoming.

After waiting for five minutes, which became ten and then became fifteen minutes, I started to get bored. Spotting actors was fun in the start but the temptation of going up to them became too big.

Me being the shy girl I am, wouldn't have let me but still, I decided to put my mind somewhere else.

My eyes fall upon a girl, probably around my age, standing a bit further with her back towards me. Needing to have at least someone to talk to, I walk up to her. "Hey." I say in a rather shy tone that she probably could hear almost immediately.

The girl turn around and sends me a kind smile.

And when she does, I immediately recognize her. "Hey!" She replies "I'm Millie.". She puts her hand in front of me to shake.

"Y/n." I answer and the me who wanted to start a conversation with this - then - unknown girl had disappeared. I have no idea what to say, just the thought of me standing in front of Millie Bobby Brown already shocks me.

"Are you here alone?" She questions, not recognizing me but in my thoughts, I thank her for starting the conversation for me.

I nod and look around, checking if Aidan isn't looking for me. "I'm here with Aidan Gallagher." I don't know why I said his last name. These actors probably all know each other. These two most certainly do because I've heard it from my friends at school. "But he's still in the trailer, getting ready."

"I've heard about you." She says and her smile widens "Aidan can't stop talking about you." She softy nudges me in my arm as she winks.

I can feel my cheeks heat up almost immediately and I shyly look down. "Are you here alone?".

When I look up again, I can see that she saw my pink cheeks but she doesn't go further. "I'm waiting for my friend, Noah, but he's also in a trailer." She explains.

After talking for ten more minutes, Noah walks out of one of the trailers. I wouldn't have called it walking, more tumbling. Millie and I both start laughing and Noah walks up to us.