Chapter 14

'I'm gonna miss you.' I said and Aidan immediately hugged me tighter. 'I'm gonna miss you more.'

He kissed my forehead and he tried to smile but it's didn't convince me enough. 'Send me when you're home okay.' I stared into his eyes and he did the same in mine.

'I will.' He said. He slowly leant in and I felt his lips on mine. I kissed back, knowing that my mom was standing behind us, probably watching us.

Aidan's mom said that they had to go on their plane and I pulled back. My hand grabbed the tiny package  out of my pocket and put it in Aidan's hand.

He opened it with a smile and his smile widened when he saw the bracelet. His finger rubbed softly on it. With a happy but still sad smile he grabbed my hand again and he gave it a small squeeze.

'Thank you.'

'Safe flight.' I whispered softly and then I walked back to my mom who was standing just a few meters away from us.

•••

That night I layed awake in my bed. I hadn't been able to fall asleep for hours and it annoyed me. My mind was constantly about Aidan, missing him.

I realized that I wasn't going to fall asleep soon so I could as well grab my phone, which I did.

With an annoyed feeling I opened Instagram and started scrolling. I wanted to call Aidan but I couldn't. He was on a plane. My eyes fell upon a recent post of Aidan and I felt my heart break.

Kara had commented.

'I miss you Aidan! It's about time I ses you again! See ya tomorrow!'

He was seeing her tomorrow and if that wasn't bad enough already, he had liked her comment.

'He didn't mention anything about her so it doesn't mean anything.' I said trying to comfort myself.

Not wanting to see anything more I put my phone away again and close my eyes again, hoping i'd forget everything I just saw.

The next day didn't go very quick but I had friends who knew how to get my mind off Aidan.

I finished school in the afternoon and just then I allowed myself to look at my phone again. I didn't take long for me to open my messages and yes, Aidan had sent a message.

'Hey y/n, I didn't think I'd ever say this but I think we should be just friends. I'm really sorry.'

I let out a breath I didn't knew I was holding when I finished reading his, wel, breakup message.

Tears fell down and I didn't even try to wipe 'em away. Yes, everything went quick but I never even felt a little bit like he didn't like us?

Is this really happening?

At this point my face was totally wet and people were looking at me, probably worried.

'Friends..' I rolled my eyes as I read the damn message over and over again.

I could never be just friends with him.

I love him and that love won't go away. At least not soon. He just broke me in a million pieces.

Without thinking much I went to look at Kara's Instagram profile and what I saw there broke me even more than his text.

She had posted a picture of her sitting on Aidan's back. Both were smiling and looked really happy.

The picture hurt but the caption even more.

'With my whole life'

'Her whole life?' I whispered to myself as I looked at the picture again, feeling broken.