Chapter 15

It was a terrible night. I don't think I even got three hours of sleep and now I just woke up with a face full of tears. I wasn't ready for school, I couldn't put up a fake smile once again because I was broken.

He broke me.

My fake smile turned out to be a pretty convincing one because everyone believed it. The hours went really slow.

For the whole day I hadn't been able to pay even a bit of attention. To be honest I don't even know what we learnt about in the last few hours..

I kept zoning out and thinking about Aidan and Kara. Would they be a couple? Did he break up with me for her?

'Y/n' I suddenly heard a voice calling my name and it shook my out of my thoughts. It appeared to be my mathematics teacher and she looked pretty pissed. 'Well?' She frowned 'What's the answer?'.

'I don't know.' I looked down, not wanting to see her eyes upon me but I could still feel them watching me 'I wasn't paying attention, I'm sorry.'

I felt done with everything.

'Well then you can go.' She said as she turned around and walked towards her desk.

I grabbed my bag and looked at my friends who stared at me in disbelief. I rarely got sent out of class and no one was used it.

'Why are you still here?' My math teacher said annoyed as she leaned against her desk 'Go to the principal.'.

I walked out of the class as I felt her glare upon me as I left. Why would I even try to explain it?

When I arrive at the principal's office, I knock a couple of times on her door and then wait for a response.

'Come in.'

The principal's face looked kind of shocked when she saw me walking in her office. I closed the door behind me and stood there, not knowing what to do.

She knows my grandma, they're friends.

'Y/n did you get kicked out?' She asked me.

'Yup.' I answered shortly, not really caring anymore.

Her eyes scan me, trying to read me. 'Sit down sweetheart.' She said while making a movement with her hand to show me that I can sit on the chair in front of her. I could tell my grandma would know all of this by the evening. But again, I didn't really care.

'Why did you get kicked out?'

'Because I wasn't paying attention.'

Her eyes were right upon me, like she knew me through and through.

'Why weren't you paying attention?'

Not caring, I sighed and decided to answer honestly 'Something happened and it is hard for me to pay attention.' I wasn't going to tell her anything about Aidan but that she could know.

'Do you want to talk about it?'

Do I want to talk about it?

Maybe it'll all feel better if I do?

'I don't know.' I said and I looked down 'It's just..'

I couldn't say anything about Aidan.

'I can't.' I said and I felt tears in my eyes. They were ready to pop out of my eyes and stream down my cheeks. And they did.

We ended up sitting there in silence. It felt good and safe like I finally found someone who understood my sadness without even knowing what happened.