Chapter 7

It's been several hours since I saw Aidan this morning. I told myself many times after that to stop thinking about him, to get my mind off him. But whatever it did I always kept seeing the smile on his face when I had called him Gallagher.

'He likes it better when I say it.' I smiled to myself as I was walking behind my family as we were heading to the restaurant. Like every evening there was an evening show. It was the same team from several days ago when we danced.

The only difference was that Aidan wasn't here.

I sighed disappointed as I watched another family sitting at the table. Maybe it's better this way. His family is happy, Kara and her family are happy. He'll get used to it eventually won't he?

What would Kara do when she found out that Aidan told me he liked me just a little while ago?

'Excuse me can we pass?' I heard a voice say somewhere behind us. I knew that voice, I knew him.

After turning around I could see Aidan and his family. But I needed to see Kara. I wondered how she looked. How Aidan's face was when he watched her. If his smile was the same.

There she was. Kara had long brown hair and a beautiful smile. One I could easily be jealous of.

Luckily she didn't notice me looking but someone else did. The one I did want to notice me. Aidan.

He waved at me as he and his family sat down a few tables further. 'Is that the handsome boy you danced with?' My mom asked. I decided not to wave back since I already saw his mom noticed me..

'Yeah.' I looked at my mom and sighed 'That's him.'

My brother looked at their table and then back at me with a hand in front of his mouth 'Does he have a girlfriend?'. He looked back and I did too.

Kara was holding his hand as they sat next to each other. Not wanting to have seen that I looked back at my brother 'It's not his girlfriend.'

'He cheated on you with her didn't he?' He asked as he kept glancing at their table.

'What no? That's ridiculous!' I rolled my eyes as I was getting annoyed 'He isn't even my boyfriend.'

My brother saw the chance he had gotten and took it immediately 'But you want him to be.'

'Just let me enjoy the show will you.' I sighed as I tried not looking back at Aidan and Kara. Unfortunately I wasn't that strong and caught myself glancing back regularly. Right now Kara her head was laying on Aidan's shoulder.

The show ended pretty quick and when it did, I realised that I hadn't even payed attention that much. 'Very good y/n.' I murmured to myself.

'Let's go home.' My mom said as she grabbed her purse. We all stood up and putted our jackets on.

We tried not to disturb anyone as some families were still watching the animators talk about future shows. But when I was just a few meters away from Aidan's table I saw that they were leaving too.

Aidan saw me and smiled softly. I passed him and returned a smile 'Hi.'.

Wanting to just follow the rest of my family I felt a hand grabbing my arm.. 'What the?' I flinched at the nails who were piercing into my skin.

'Stay away from him!' I heard a girl's voice yelling right into my ear. My breathing immediately quickened as I saw everyone their glances upon me. 'I was just saying hi.' I try to losen the grib she had on my arm.

'Stop that!' I heard Aidan say with a very angry tone but I just wanted to get away from there as fast as possible. My family was already outside and hadn't noticed what was going on. Aidan grabbed Kara's hand which was holding my arm.

He looked her right into the eyes and the smile I adored was no where there 'I am not something you can own. I'm friends with y/n and last time I checked I don't have to ask you who I can be friends with. She was just saying hi. What you did was just crazy Kara!'

I felt like my heart had been ripped in two. I was just a friend. 'Whatever.' Kara rolled her eyes as she putted on her jacket.

'Are you okay y/n?' Aidan asked as he took a look at my arm but I flinched back at his touch 'I'm going to head to our bungalow.' And with that, I left.

This time I did not look back. I didn't have any intention to. After all I was just a friend.

•••

Later that evening I had been ignoring Aidan's texts asking me if I was okay. Yet he did not get the message about me not wanting to talk to him and he kept texting and asking if I was alright.

After what must have been the tenth message of his, I had to answer but I was not going send all of my angry feelings in a message. A call would do.

'Y/n?' I heard Aidan asking as I didn't want to be the first one to talk 'Are you okay?'

'I'm not no. Why else wouldn't I be answering to your ridiculous texts.' I sighed 'Why are you even awake? It's somewhere around 1am? I'm sure you've got to spend the whole day with Kara tomorrow. She would want you to have a clear mind.'

I heard Aidan stammer as he was looking for words to say. 'Y/n you're mad..'

'Of course I am! One day you are telling me you like me and then a few hours ago you made it pretty clear that we are just friends!'

'Let me tell you something first..' He said as I had ended my rambling 'After we came back from the restaurant we were all sitting together.'

'Oh what are you going to do? Talk about what show was on the television?' I interrupted.

After ny interruption he just decided to keep talking 'My parents told me I should ask Kara out.'.

'Oh'

'She heard it, everyone did since we were sitting together.' He explained.

After telling that there was a silence. Aidan expected me to answer or give him another lecture. 'What did you say?' My voice sounded broken and it was.

I felt broken indeed.

'I was honest with him.' He continued after my question 'I said that I liked someone else.'

'What? Who?' I stammered between the words.'

For the first time this phone call I heard him chuckle and even though I couldn't see him, I did know he was smirking at this point 'You know who.'

'How did they react?' I asked.

'Both our parents weren't happy at all and least of all Kara. She went straight to her bedroom. I also went to my room afterwards.' Aidan sighed into the phone 'I truly am sorry that she hurt you. After that happened, I knew everyone deserved some clarity in this whole situation. You do too.'

'What do you mean?'

'Do you want to hang out tomorrow?'

'Sure.' A smile came upon my lips as he had asked me that.

'I'll be at your bungalow at 2pm. Goodnight y/n.'

'Goodnight.'