Chapter 16

After I came home from school, I let myself fall down on my bed. I didn't exactly need sleep, I just was tired of all this.

After just laying there for around fifteen minutes, I grabbed my phone and went to Instagram.

I again scrolled a bit and liked posts. I got a dm as I was commenting on a friend's post. Of course it was from him, Aidan.

I rolled my eyes but I still opened it.

'Hey y/n, you didn't answer on imessage, are you okay? 🥺'

What da heck.

'Am I okay? You're kidding right?'

He read it and it didn't long before he answered..

'I'm not kidding? What's wrong?'

Just now I realized that my hands were shaking. I wasn't ready to talk to him about it. He knew very well what I was going through.

'You broke up with me'

Those words in one phrase, it broke me all over again.  In just a few seconds Aidan was face timing me. But I wasn't going to accept the call. I wasn't ready to talk to him and I'm not even sure if I ever want to be ready to talk to him again.

'I never broke up with you y/n. Just accept the call, please?'

Confused, that I was. I needed answer so I did what I had to do, accept the call.

'Y/n I never sent that message!' He said and I could hear panic in his voice. He meant it.

He looked scared and confused, just like me.

'I got the..' I stopped to wipe some tears away 'message from your number.'

'I don't wanna break up without you!' Aidan said forming a sad smile 'I- I love you.'

The words caused me to look up at my phone.

He loves me?

'I don't know who sent the text.' He continued 'But it was not me. I'm sorry, I didn't know. I should've seen it earlier. I'm so sorry.'

By this point his face was wet from the tears and so was mine. 'You sent it yesterday evening.'

'Wait..' He paused 'I couldn't find my phone for a while yesterday evening.'

'Don't make excuses.' I said with a shaking voice.

'I'm not!' Aidan explained and after a silence of what must have been somewhere around five seconds his face expressions changed horribly.

He was still sad but he was angry now too. 'Kara.' Was the only thing he said.

'Wait what? What does she have to do with all of this?' I rolled my eyes.

'My phone, Kara found it yesterday.' He explained 'She must've sent it.'

I wanted to believe him, I really did but I was broken. That message broke me.

Aidan stood up and grabbed his phone 'She never wanted me to be with you. Now she did this. I'm gonna talk to her and i'm going to make sure she never does something like this again.'

'Wait, hold on.' I stopped him 'What are you doing?'

'She's downstairs, I'm gonna talk to her.'

Of course she was downstairs. What else did I expect? She's adored by his parents.

'I'm sorry y/n.' He sighed and gave me a reassuring smile 'Do you still wanna be together? I mean i'd understand, you're hurt. I just want you to know that I you're stuck with me, even if we're going to be just friends.'

'I mean if I'm going to be stuck with u dork then wr might as well stay together.' I chuckled.

Aidan's eyes shone bright as he saw my smile and it warmed and healed my heart. 'I'm going to hang up now. Gotta talk with someone downstairs. If Kara, her family and mine think that they can keep us separated then they're wrong.'

'You're calling back later right?'

'Of course!' Aidan smiled.