27.5 ; cups (when i'm gone)

"You keep yourself safe kiddo."

"I will," she assured the man, smiling widely. On each side of her, her two best friends were going through the same  process with their own families. Joseph and Leah held hands as they waited for them to finish the round of farewells.

"Okay, I think we said enough at home. I'll... let you continue now."

Bella walked up next, hugging her sister. "I know we were never really close, but I love you."

"You go marry the vamp of your dreams, Bella, we'll fly home for the wedding." Ashley laughed, looking at her sister. "I'll still be seeing you human, so that's not a real goodbye yet."

"Go rock your dorkiness all around the world, Ashley."

"Weirdo."

Charlie walked up to Tyler and Mike, hugging them just like their parents did. They were really family at that point. Mike and Tyler's parents said their goodbye to Ashley, Tyler's mother kissing her cheek.

"I'd ask you to take care of my son, but I believe Tyler is the most responsible out of you all."

"That's actually right."

She laughed, turning to Paul. "Yes, LaHottie?"

He shrugged, "eh, just wanted to see I'm really getting rid of you at last."

"You ass," she smacked his chest lightly, eyes glinting as she watched her ex.

"I still love you."

"Me too, Paul," she smiled widely. He hugged her, andJasper cleared  his throat.

"Aye, not in a way that should worry your boyfriend. I imprinted on Jacob's sister, so... We should probably not get angry at me anymore."

Jasper rolled his eyes with a smile, watching as the three friends assembled, stepping closer to Joseph.

"We'll join you in a year," he assured, kissing Leah's hand. "And you'll be here at the wedding. It's just a see you later, not goodbye."

"Right, Jo."

"School will be different with me as the lonesome, extremely sexy, cool, amazing senior, but I will deal with it bravely."

"Please tell me your secret for shutting him up," Leah begged the three.

"There isn't," they replied with a sigh.

"Take care, guys. Make Italy your bitch," Joseph started hugging them, and Leah hugged them stiffly, not forgetting to thank Ashley for the most annoying person in her life.

"We'll go up to the line, Ash," Tyler nudged her softly towards Jasper. "Meet us in a few minutes."

Each went to their direction, leaving Jasper with Ashley. His family said goodbye before, they didn't want to crowd the three. Besides, Carlisle was certain that their presence would make it harder for Mike and Tyler.

"I hadn't asked you to stay because it would make no difference, right?"

"Right. I'm sorry."

He sighed, nodding. His immortal face had worry lines on it for the first time in eternity. He suddenly looked as old as his real age.

"Just take care of yourself and come back to me."

"I will always come back to you," Ashley smiled, reaching out to his hand, raising it to her lips so she could kiss it gently.

If he could cry, he would start at that second.

Instead, came a dry, deep sigh, choking on his despair.  "I love you."

"I love you too."

He cupped her warm cheek, marble fingers somehow soft against her flesh. "When you're back for good, we're getting married."

"Jas, I know the timing is bad. But I want you to remember I want mortal life, and maybe it's your time to decide if you can do it."

He felt as though their feelings reflected, both radiating despair. "Honey, when you're back, I'm not leaving you until your very last moment. And then, I'll join you."

"Jasper, I meant what I said. I will always come to you. Give it a try, I'll come back to you. Now, and when I die."

He looked at her brown eyes, nodding. "I'll think about you every day, and send you light and love," he spoke slowly, softly.

"Thank you."

He kissed her on top of her head. He'll miss the smell of her hair, the way it brushed his nose softly when he kissed her forehead.

"Have a nice trip, my love."

She smiled, tears glimmering in her eyes. "Bye Jasper." her voice cracked as she placed a hand on his, showing him the way to the empty air, where he felt her loss.

And as she walked off, picking up her backpack, he watched her leave, walking after her friends with a huge smile and hope filling her being.

He turned around, back slumped, to see Charlie in a random seat, eyes puffy.

"It's hard, huh?" he asked Jasper, thankful that Bella pretended she needed to use the restroom.

"I guess that when hearts break, they don't break even."