04 ; 3 cheers for 5 years

Charlie's fist came down on the table. "That's it, Bella! I'm sending you home."

Bella looked at him at shock, and I returned my spoon, that was still loaded with cereals and milk, to the bowl. That was interesting.

"I am home," she mumbled, confused.

"I'm sending you to Renee, to Jacksonville," he clarified.

Charlie watched with exasperation as she slowly grasped the meaning of his words.

"What did I do?" Even I knew; in the past four months Bella did nothing. She's never missed a day of school or work and always got perfect grade. She's never even gone out.

Charlie was scowling.

"You didn't do anything. That's the problem. You never do anything."

"You want me to get into trouble?" She wondered, and I knew that I was going to use that in my advantage. Ever since the deal with Jared coming to my house shirtless, I was careful of the pack coming to my house, and stayed at the rez most of the time. I lately started spending more and more nights there, even at school-days.

"Trouble would be better than this... this moping around all the time!"

"I am not moping around."

"Wrong word," he grudgingly conceded. "Moping would be better - that would be doing something. You're just... lifeless, Bella. I think that's the word I want."

"I'm sorry, Dad." Her apology sounded a little flat. Or maybe very flat. 

"I don't want you to apologize."

She sighed. "Then tell me what you do want me to do."

"Bella," he hesitated, "Honey, you're not the first person to go through this kind of thing, you know."

"I know that." 

"Listen, honey. I think that - that maybe you need some help."

"Help?"

He paused, searching for the words again. "When your mother left," he began, frowning, "and took you with her." He inhaled deeply. "Well, that was a really bad time for me."

"I know, Dad."

"But I handled it," he pointed out. "Honey, you're not handling it. I waited, I hoped it would get better." He stared at me and I looked down quickly, no need to get me thrown into those awkward business. "I think we all know it's not getting better."

"I'm fine."

"Honey, your sister is fine." Charlie pressed, and there it was. Me thrown into the awkward business. "You're not."

Bella looked at me, and she looked as if she was seeing me for the first time. I gave her a smile, before turning back to my food.

"Didn't you yell at her just this week?" Bella questioned, and I pressed my lips together.

"Yes, but the fact she disappears all the time is not the matter here."

"But I have already told you, I'm at the rez!"

"Jacob always says he rarely even sees you anymore." Charlie said sharply, before turning to Bella. "Bella sweetie, maybe, well, maybe if you talked to someone about it. A professional."

"You want me to see a shrink?" 

"Maybe it would help."

"And maybe it wouldn't help one little bit."

"I dunno Bells, maybe it could help." I piped in. 

"It's beyond me, Bella. Maybe your mother - "