25.5 ; beth

The aftermath of the battle was easily handled by him.

Jasper didn't mind much which one of the wolves hurt himself, and all he could care about was that his family was safe.

And, he smiled, soon enough, he would be with Ashley again.

She was about to start her life any time now, her and Tyler were looking for the best paying jobs, though he told her time and time she would not need it. And after Africa with her two friends, he'd be there for her until she'd wilt away.

And then, he will too.

He could care less about the Volturi as well, sure- it was partially for Bella, but Edward knew how to handle the situation with his girlfriend.

Jasper could not help but be grateful that they were not aware of Ashley.

Jasper was rubbing absently at his left forearm, waiting for the scene to play out as Alice said it would, so he could go to his room and watch his girlfriend being, he was sure, ridiculous as always.

And the scene played out.

Alice, however, eyes suddenly wide, turned to Jasper.

Edward's head snapped back in a speed Jasper was not expecting, and for a moment Jane looked at them in interest.

"Is something the matter?" she wondered as Felix dealt with the New Born who surrendered.

"Not at all," Edward assured. "Simply Alice's vision of us visiting you in a few months."

Jane didn't buy it, and neither did Jasper. But they both kept quiet.

::

It's been the longest two minutes in the eternal life of Jasper, but when Edward and Alice were certain the Volturi were out of earshot they turned to Jasper.

"What was it?" he hissed.

"It's Ashley."

And before Alice even could attempt and tell him what was it that happened to her, Jasper was already rushing off to her.

"What is it?" Bella asked, squeezing Edward's hand anxiously.

The rest of the family also seemed interested.

"Graham. He's been changed by Victoria too, and he's gone to finish what he started two years ago."