20 ; dumb

"So you can't stay here with me?" I pouted as I ran my hand over Jasper's arm, eyes focused on my fingers, dodging his characoal-like black eyes.

"We went over it, Ash," he said rather simply. "Victoria wants your sister and she's preparing an army of new-borns, I have to train the wolves-" strangely enough, his voice dripped venom at the word- "and make sure the rest of the family is ready as well."

Xby Counterflix

"Yeah. But can't you stay?" He laughed, dragging me into a bear-hug that made me feel like I was in the safest place on Earth. I breathed in his scent as I wrapped my arms around his torso, allowing myself to get lost in the feeling.

"I'll be back as soon as I can, alright sweetheart?" He stepped back, looking at me again.

"Yeah, but do you have to go?"

"My answer won't change, Ashley," he smiled as he fixed a strand of hair that fell to my face. "Even though we both want it to."

"Could you stay over tonight?" I tried to raise my voice a bit, to no avail, the question coming out as a whisper of a sort.

"As any other time you wished, love."

"No, I meant..." I paused, "with Charlie's approval. The whole dinner and sleep over thing?"

"Oh." Jasper seemed surpised, "did Charlie ever realize you and I are back together?"

"I did tell him Paul and I have broken up, and I mention you quite a bit, but... Never straight out told him we're back," I admitted. "I'll text you if you should enter through the door or the window?" I offered with a sheepish smile, making him laugh.

Xby Counterflix

"I'll hunt either way before heading here," he said simply, kissing right between my eyebrows. He opened the window, and turned around to look at me again.

"See you later?" I grinned and he nodded.

"Later," he threw his legs out, "love you, Ash. Bye."

And so, he was gone.

But not the butterflies in my stomach.

::

"Hey dad," I skipped downstairs as the door opened, and smiled widely at my father. He seemed tired and quite frustrated, and I felt an urge to hug him tightly.

"Hey Ash," he greeted, hanging down his gun, and I quickly hugged him. "Hey kiddo," he grinned into my hair. "What's going on?"

"I missed you," I admitted.

"You see me quite a lot," he joked as I let go, starting to walk to the kitchen. "What is there to miss, anyway?"

"You're my father, I think I've got every right to miss you whenever I want to."

He laughed. "Ash, you sure are precious."

My phone rung, and I fished it out of my pocket. It read Jasper, and I hesitated for a moment. Charlie took a peek.

"Shouldn't you answer? It's the Hale boy, right?"

"Err, yeah." I replied rather awkwardly. "I'll talk to him later, I'm with you right now."

"You two are back together, aren't you?" Charlie grinned as he filled himself a cup of water. I sheepishly shrugged.

"Is it that clear?"

"Just a bit. Why won't he come for dinner sometime?"

"Like... Tonight?"