29. Recovery Road (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Really?" Chastity asked. "But won't you be lonely?"

"I'm a grown ass woman. I'll be good." I said making Chastity and AJ laugh.

"I would hardly call a 19-year-old a grown ass woman, but go off sis." AJ spoke with a shrug and I laughed.

"Stay in a child's place, Amelia." I rolled my eyes and AJ glared at me.

"Don't call me that. And I'm older than you, dumbass."

"Yeah, she's actually older than all of us. Only by a year, but still." Chastity chimed in.

"Who asked you, train track mouth?" I asked and Chastity gasped.

"You said you liked girls with braces." She frowned and I chuckled.

"I do, I'm just messing with you."

"Speaking of that, how does it feel to be single again?" AJ asked and Chastity elbowed her.

"You're being insensitive again."

"Stop hitting me before I start going upside your head like I'm Ike Turner." AJ threatened Chastity and Chastity rolled her eyes.

"Goodbye. I'm not worried about that."

"It feels weird." I answered AJ's question. "Like, the first time Nadia broke up with me, I didn't actually feel single, but this time... I know what I said before, but this feels real. Like, it's really over. For now anyway. I feel like one day, even if it's years from now, we'll be together again, but I wish I could fast forward through all of this. The fact that I can't sucks ass."

"So did you two have some sort of an agreement?" AJ asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Like, did you talk about seeing other people? I mean I feel like if you're single you can do what you want, but if you two plan on getting back together in the future maybe you wouldn't want the other seeing anyone else." AJ explained and I shrugged.

"We didn't discuss that. But it doesn't matter because I don't want anyone else. I'm gonna wait for Nadia."

"Aw." Chastity cooed while AJ just scoffed.

"Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts." AJ laughed and I glared at her.

"And on that note, I'm gonna go. I'll see you guys around." I said before leaving Chastity's room.

I wasn't mad, but I was annoyed. I am completely capable of being alone. I was single before I met Nadia and I was doing just fine. Granted, I was doing hoe shit, but I don't need that anymore. I'm a changed woman.

-

Nadia

"They made me go two whole months without access to my phone just to give it back knowing they have terrible fucking reception here. I need to call my girlfrie- my friends. I need to call my friends."

I stood up on my bed holding my phone up, but it was pointless.

"They have reception blockers or some shit. It's no use." My roommate spoke, never taking her eyes off of the book she was reading. "That's why I just read. You can browse my collection if you'd like. It's your only connection to a world outside of this place for as long as you're here. That is until friends and family day.

I'd been at Recovery Road Rehabilitation Center for two months now and it honestly wasn't that bad. I liked my therapist, I was beginning to open up more in group sessions, and my roommate wasn't that bad. She hardly ever talked to me the first few weeks, but now she says some things here and there.