Chapter 18: Custody?

-Edited- 

Chapter 18 

Zander Pov 

"I h-had a bad d-dream."

She stuttered. I kissed her forehead and hugged her.

"It's going to be alright Princess. Everything's going to be okay. I'm here to protect you. I won't let anything happen."

I said, hugging her. She started to calm down. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. I wiped them off and she laid her head on my chest, legs wrapped around my waist. My hand supported her.

I wanted to ask her what her dream was about but I decided not to. I felt like eventually, she would tell me.

I gave her a besito and laid back down on the bed with her on top of me. I rubbed her back slowly so she would fall asleep and she did. I kissed her forehead and fell asleep.

*Next Morning*

I woke up to see Faith still on top of me. I smiled and slowly carried her, putting her beside me.

I still can't believe until today that this beautiful Princess is mine. I was staring at her asleep when suddenly I got a call from Miss Leah. I answered.

"Good Morning, Leah, how may I help you today?"

"Good morning, Zander. Today is the day you come back here to be her official guardian and for her last name to be Parker?"

"Wait! It's today?"

"Yes, Zander it is, Just wanted to remind you because it looks like you forgot."

I scoffed.

"No, I did not. Okay, I'll see you in a few hours. Bye!"

"Bye, Zander!"

She ended the call. Fuck! I forgot that today was that day. I texted everyone close to me, my family, Charlotte, and some of my business partners to come today to celebrate me being her official guardian. It's kind of a big thing when you adopt a little girl.

Since they all knew that I have a daughter and I'm going to make it public today after changing Faith's last name to my last name.

I also have to tell Faith about me dating Charlotte. I hope she won't get upset or anything.

I kept my phone aside and noticed Faith moving around. I looked at her and she started to open her eyes.

I smiled brightly.

"Good morning, baby girl"

She sleepily smiled, then said,

"Good morning, Papa."

Giving me a besito, she came closer to me and cuddled up to me playing with my hand. She is so cute. Her hands are so tiny.

I just kept staring at her while she played with my hand. I kissed her forehead.

"Babygirl?"

She looked up at me.

"Today is the day I become your official Papa."

Her eyes lit up with excitement and she jumped and hugged me. I hugged her back.

"I love you, baby."

I said, kissing her cheek. She smiled.

"I love you too, Papa."

I carried her and went to the bathroom. I bathed her and changed her into a pink dress with lots of tulles asking Veronica to do her hair before I went to take a shower.