Chapter 16: Date Night

-Edited- 

Chapter 16 

Zander POV 

It's the end of the week now, the weekdays were fine except every morning when I had to leave Faith at the daycare, she ended up crying which always broke my heart.

I'm sure sooner or later she will get used to it. Also, today is the day I take Charlotte on a date. I noticed Faith likes her a lot.

I also noticed Faith doesn't like me leaving her anywhere. It's like she is glued to me. Even at home, she is always with me except when she sleeps. Either way, I still love her.

She always talks about Charlotte to me which I don't mind listening to. Speaking of the date, I planned for it to happen on a beach which I reserved privately.

It's going to be a candlelight dinner. I told her to dress fancy as well. I just really hope Faith doesn't get upset when I leave.

I was on my bed awake excited about my date with Charlotte. Faith is just right beside me all cuddled up asleep. I seriously need to get her room done but I'm going to miss her cuddles if she sleeps in her room. Well, either way, I have to get it done.

I was just scrolling through my phone when Faith started to move around which meant that she was going to wake up any moment now. I learned lots of facts about her in these few weeks, which was kind of interesting.

She opened her eyes and looked at me. Every morning when she wakes up, she always looks for me.

One time, I went downstairs to get a drink and in a minute I heard her loud cry. I guess she gets scared when she wakes up with no one around her.

"Morning Princess,"

"Morning Papa,"

She mumbled, still half asleep.

"Wakey wakey, baby girl. You have to take a shower"

Also, I have officially potty trained her.

"Noooo, Papa. I want more sleep"

I would let her sleep but then at night she intends to sleep late plus she can have an afternoon nap later on.

I carried her while she laid her head on my shoulder.

"Come on baby girl, let's give you a bath."

I was also debating if I should tell her that I'm going out later now or when I'm going to leave. I was thinking of doing it now so that she doesn't get upset later when I am ready. Plus, I don't want to cancel on Charlotte last minute. Also, today Veronica will be coming to be with Faith and Nick will be around as well.

Nick knows that I'll be going on a date today and he said he would help to look after Faith which I was super thankful for.

I took Faith's clothes off and put her in the bathtub as now she was fully awake. She was playing with her toys as usual while I bathed her. It still hurts me to see her body filled with scars and marks that will not be going away any sooner.

I was done giving her a bath when all of a sudden she started to splash water on me which made me fully wet. She got out of the tub, wrapped herself in a towel and ran out of the bathroom.

I laughed chasing after her.

"You little monster! Come back here".

She kept running and Nick was in front of her. Perfect timing! Nick just carried her.

"Where do you think you are going, kitten?"

She giggled. Nick looked at me and started laughing. I glared at him.