Home with dad

**Faith was 15**

Zander POV

I was sitting on my bed leaning back against the headboard reading a book about politics. I know boring, but somewhat I find it interesting.

Jake was over at a friend today, Charlotte took Everleigh to her gymnastics lesson today so they weren't home either although Faith should be home in a while.

"Dad! I'm home."

The door slammed shut.

Speak of the devil. Teenager Faith is not it. I love my princess with all my heart but I never knew having a teenager would be this hard. Sometimes, she has her good days and sometimes she has her bad days.

I'm hoping today is her good day. I heard footsteps along the stairs but my eyes remained on the book. She walked in and plopped herself on my bed.

One thing that never changed was that I still feel close to her since day 1. I've tried to have a healthy relationship with her. I'm always open to listen to her thoughts and feelings.

Yes you can say I'm a strict parent when it comes to education but I'm understanding. I just want my daughter to be open with me. I want to be her best friend and her dad at the same time.

She whined

"Dadddddd...aren't you gonna say hi to me?"

She leaned her head on her arm looking at me. I looked up from my book and chuckled

"Hi princess. How was your day ?"

I closed my book keeping it aside and layed down facing her. Many people might think this is weird since she was 15 but I've just raised her to be comfortable with me, after all I'm her dad. Someone who is always gonna be there for her.

She looked at me and sighed heavily.

"It was okay. I got one of my test results for Maths and I didn't do very well."

She said frowning. I sat up slowly and looked at her

"Alright. Show me the paper. Let's see it."

She sat up and took the paper from her bag giving it to me as she sat next to me. I looked at the front page. She got a D. I'm not disappointed with her. I knew she was studying for it.

I was a maths nerd. I flipped through the pages seeing her mistakes. She looked at me with curiosity and sadness

"Are you disappointed in me dad? I'll try harder. I'll spend more time on maths and take extra classes at school."

She started getting panicked. I looked at her and shook my head real quickly hugging her.

"It's okay. I know you did your best princess. There is always a next time. And later evening, let's go through this paper and fix your mistakes."

There is no point being disappointed. This generation everything is harder on the kids I think we as parents should learn to adapt to that.

She nodded her head hugging me back

"Thank you for understanding dad."

I chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"Go take a shower and we can watch a movie or something before we get started on this."

I gave her the paper back as she nodded her head.

Faith POV

I got up walking out of my dad room. I just got home from school after hanging out with my friends. Honestly, I should have just came straight home. I was feeling shitty anyway.