Chapter 8: Care

-Edited-

Chapter 8

Zander's POV

I was carrying Faith to the bed since she was asleep. I found her hiding in the closet. Fuck! I wish I knew this would happen. I'm such an idiot.

I laid Faith on the bed, gently covered her with a blanket and went to the hall to find Nick because I knew he would want to know what was going on.

I found Nick on the couch, staring at the ceiling.

"Nick?"

"Hey bro. How's Faith doing?"

"She fell asleep immediately. I think she was tired of the mess I made." I said sadly.

"Hey hey hey, Zander, don't worry if it wasn't your fault. You didn't know."

"I did Nick, I did," I said looking him in the eyes then looking away, ashamed. Disappointed with myself.

"I forgot Nick."

"It's okay. You just started parenting. Mistakes happen. Okay?"

I nodded

"So, I'm sure you know Faith's past. Mind telling me?"

I nodded. I told Nick the whole story, even though it was hard to talk about. He deserved to know after all he is like my brother that I never wanted.

The story ended and Nick had tears in his eyes.

"W-wow, umm, she has been through a lot. She is gonna be strong just like her papa." Nick said, smiling at me. I smiled back feeling better.

"Thanks, bro"

"No problem Zander. You know you can tell me anything"

I got up walking away to the gym because I needed to work out. It's been a while since I worked out so I decided to do it today.

"Where are you going Zan?"

"To the gym. Wanna join?"

"I'm good. I'm already working out."

"How?"

"I eat every day bro. That's a lot of workout you know. Munching can be a lot of work."

"Nick, if you're lazy, all you have to do is say it," I said with a smirk.

Nick gasped and put a hand on his chest acting offended. I just rolled my eyes.

"Take that back!"

"No can do. Also just inform me if Faith wakes up."

He nodded. I made my way to the gym since I'm in shorts, I don't need to change. I worked out for about an hour and decided it was enough for today. Plus, I miss my Princess.

I made my way to the room to see Faith sleeping peacefully. I went to the bathroom to take a shower. After I took my shower I changed into some sweatpants and a white t-shirt with a v-neck shape.

I thought that it was time to wake up Faith because she hadn't eaten her dinner yet and hadn't showered as well.

I went beside her on the bed and started caressing her face gently. Admiring how beautiful my baby girl is. I already love her so much.

I shook her gently and called her.

"Princess? Wake up. You haven't eaten yet."

Her big brown eyes flutter open. Those eyes that I will love forever.